Chapter 12 - Nightmares are real too

Hexina

I watched as my baby sister drifted into sleep. I tried to sleep and see if she was dreaming but I couldnt sleep. She didnt seem to be stirring or anything so hopefully shes fine. I had a feeling I had to protect her. Like I just couldnt let her out of my sight.

I looked up at Lynx who stared down at my little sister. I knew what he was thinking and I hissed. He rolled his eyes and patted me, "relax kitty." He says and I relax. I promised his parents when they died that id protect him and I promised my parents id protect Eva. I failed that promised for 16 years. Won't do it again.

I jumped out of my sisters arms and walk around the house. Prancing with every bounce filled step. I went into the kitchen digging around for more of Lynx's cooking when there was suddenly I knock on the door. Who the hell could that be? I thought as I went over to the door. I jumped up to the window and almost jumped out of my fur when I saw our guest.

My fur stood on end as I saw Mason and his two guards staring at the door, Masons hands clenched into fists by his side. Shit. Before I had the chance to want anyone, the door flew open causing Eva to jolt awake. "Get them" Mason orders and I hiss at him. I glare at Lynx and he knew exactly what I was warning him. "Go! GO!" Lynx yells as he yanks Eva off of the couch and runs away while I stand my ground. Kitten or not I'll kick their ass. "Awww what a cute little...." he was cut off by me lunging at him and claws scratching at his face. He pushed me back and I skipped on the floor, dragging my claws through the carpet. "Get the girl I'll handle my little kitty" he says and the two men try running around the couch. I jumped in their path but was quickly launched away with one wave of Masons hand. I wont let them get to my sister. I chased after them and Mason chased after me. I turned the corner to see Lynx trying to ram the back door open. I meow which draws their attention to the guards running at them but it was too late. Lynx was sent backwards and knocked unconscious and Evanora cowering in the corner. No. No! I run at the guard but my tail was grabbed and I was stopped. Masons big hands wrapped around my torso and lifted me up. I hissed and clawed at him, my claws connecting with his cheek leaving three claw marks across his face. He growled and gripped me tighter, making me whimper. He growls and then looks up and smirks at my baby sister. I struggle in his grip, desperate to not let my baby sister go again. "Leave her, we were only set for my little kitty" He says and a portal appears. Oh no. No don't take me back. NO! I just found my sister! "He smirks over at Evanora, "You'll always be alone, Freak" He says and jumps through. The dream....its real.

Lynx

I woke up just in time to see Hex get dragged through the portal. Shit what happened. What happened when was I out. I looked around to see sadness and determination crossing her face. Oh hell no she is not about to do what I think she's going too. Yep she is. She jumps up and jumps right through the portal. Shit. I jump up and dive through just in time before the portal closed. I grabbed her and held her close to hide her scent in mine. She had to stay safe. I promised Hex. I had to get Eva back and then save Hex. Soon.