Chapter 20 - A Heart Shattering Reunion.

Hexina

I woke up to the smell of freshly cooked crepes and chocolate. I sit up to see the time was 7:00 the next morning. I slept for at least eleven hours. I looked over at the coffee table to see A plate filled with warm crepes and Nutella with strawberries. Whats this? I thought as I walked over and sat down at the table. There was a note with my name written on it in fancy writing leaning up against a bottle of wine. I grab the note and pen it to see Masons neat writing written across.

Not a proper apology but hey thought you'd be hungry. Hope you had a great sleep and you're beautiful. I have a surprise for you later. Meet me in the garden at 10:00 sharp. the guards will be rotating shifts. You'll have three minutes to get out of your room and meet me. Trust me you'd want to come.

The note finished. No harm in going I guess. Besides im sick of this room. I took a bite of the food and nearly died. This was so good and its not as if we have master chefs here. I knew Lynx could cook but clearly Mason can as well. I ate the food in like two seconds flat. I haven't eaten in days. Wait i've been sick. I dont feel sick anymore. and I don't feel like I'm over heating as much. Eva must be okay now!...of course shes okay. Lynx is with her. I roll my eyes. I stand up and get changed into some proper clothes Mason left for me. I slid into the skinny jeans and the flowy blue shirt going past my waist shirt. He knows what I like at least.

I sat down and tried to distract myself from the time. It reached 10:00 and I hear the guards leave. I snuck out of my room and hid around corners until I had a clear shot for the garden. I bolted in my combat boots until I reached the familiar roses lining the garden walls. I didn't always have such great memories here. The maze of roses was a place where Mason used to track me. he used to block my powers for a while and then every time he tracked me and caught me, he forced a spell on me that made me do whatever he wanted for an hour. Stupid black magic. The elixar would only activate when the person was scared and let me tell you, when you had no powers to defend yourself with you were scared. I saw Mason standing around the corner of the maze. "What am I doing here Mason?" I hissed as I crossed my arms. He smiled. "Thought you'd want to see some people" he says before he steps aside. Lynx and Eva were standing there, perfectly cleaned up and standing. Eva ran to me as tears built in my arms. She jumped and wrapped her arms around me hugging me closely. I hugged her back and glared up at Lynx who gave me a confused look when I nearly shot daggers out of my eyes at him. He knew by my look that I wasn't happy and he should keep his distance for safety reasons. We both walked over to him and I nodded my head at Mason, giving him a silent thank you as we walked over to Lynx. I looked over at Mason and I was going to ask him why he did this until he clutched his head. "Mason whats wrong?" I asked and he burst into laughter. He looked up his eyes dark and cold once more. "You think I care about your little reunion with your sister?" He asks and laughed. "I just wanted to play chase" he says and holds up a ball of black smoke before the smoke disappeared and revealed two vials containing the same black liquid he forced down my throat to control me. "Five seconds Kitty Kat" He says and I start pushing Eva into the Maze considering that was the only way to run. "Run! RUN!" I yelled pushing her and running as fast as I can. I saw Lynx grab her hand and allow my to rush ahead as I knew the maze better than anyone. We ran through turning left then left then right then left. I ran as fast as my feet would take me, making the turns quick and sharp. "Where are my little girls!" Mason called completely ignoring the fact that Lynx was here. "HEX RUN! DONT STOP!" Mason called out again. his voice filled with worry instead of lust. I used magic and the vines untangled, leading a door way into the forest outside of the mansion. "Go" I whispered and allowed other two to go through first. "COME OUT KITTY!" Mason yelled and I jumped out and sealed the vines back together. Staring out into the forest, I followed the scent of my sister and ran.