Chapter 11 - Friends with benefits

Evanora
The cat was so persistent. I shook my head and ate quietly. Lynx really hasn't said much. But it was nice to have someone talk to me like I'm an actual person with feelings. Its nice to even smile a little, you know? I forked a piece of pancake and found Hexina sitting next to my plate, eyeing my food. I smiled and gave her my forked piece to her. She ate it. I giggled and noticed Lynx watching me with a smile. I blushed a little, "What? Do I have something on my face?" I asked and wiped my face with the napkin. Lynx only shook his head. "Its nothing." He said with a smile still planted on his handsome face. He did look pretty good. How old is he anyway? Wait! Why the hell am I asking that!? He's probably way older. And so not interested. I thought. Sighing I reclaimed the nightmare. Well the guy was real. "Lynx, can I ask you something?" I asked him. He nodded and waited for a reply. "Who's Mason?" The room tensed.

Lynx looked at Hex and she nodded; conformation for him to go on. He turned to me with a serious face. "Mason is a bad guy. You can say he's a dark warlock. I can't say much else. That's Hexinas job once she becomes human again." I looked at her and smiled. She's too cute. I didn't really get a good look at her when she was human. The chaos was a lot to handle. I padded her head and lifted up my plates. "Here. I'll do the dishes. Hex you can...just sit there or do whatever cats do." I walked to the sink and put the plug into the sink. "Let me help." His body heat sent waves of happiness into my side. I blushed bright red. "Okay." I said with a smile.
I passed him the towel. He had trouble with getting the soap off the plate. I giggled. I took his hands. "Here. There's a trick. You rise the plate off and then dry it. See?" I pulled his hands under the water and the soap left the plate.
I looked up and found Lynx staring at me. His soft gaze never leaving. Neither was mine. Something nipped my pants. I blinked out of my daze and jumped away from Lynx. I blushed again and looked away. "I...I need a shower. Could... Could you finish them?" I asked. "Yeah... Sure. The bathroom is down the hall. To your right. Um... There's a spare room next to it. There should be clothes." I smiled again and walked off with Hex trailing me. I stopped and picked her up. "Thanks for the save sis." I whispered. Me and Hex paused. Did I really just say sis? Shaking my head I walked to the bedroom.
The room wasn't big. Probably the same size of my room back home. Its most likely trashed now. A wave of dizziness came over me and I clutched the wall with my eyes closed.

"Your always going to be alone. Freak."

Hexinas bite woke me up. I smiled down at her. "I'm fine. Just need a hot shower." I lied. I put her on the bed and walked into the closet for clothes. I picked out a long sleeve top and bootie shorts with a pare of underwear. Hex was sitting on the bed waiting for me. I sighed happily at her. "You know, I'm not going anywhere. I'm fine." I scratched her head making her purr. "I'll be back." I walked out with a fading smile. I can't stop thinking about that Mason guy. What does he want?

I put the rest of my clothing on and walked out of the bathroom fresh and clean. I even washed my hair. So good. I walked in the living room to find Lynx and Hex sitting there, watching the fire. "Hey." I speak up drawing both their attentions. With a loud meow Hex jumps up and clings to me. I laugh and hug her. "You sure love me don't you?" I said to her and sat next to Lynx on the couch. "She hasn't seen you for 16 years. She missed you a great deal." Lynx said smiling at me. I looked up at him. "How old is my sister? She looked older than me and you." I said and watched Hex play with my necklace. "She's 21. I'm 17. Hex is 5 years older than us." Wow. I smiled widely at Hexina. "Big sis." I mutter. She's my big sister. Never had one of those before. "Is any of my other family alive. Except Hexina." I ask. Lynx sighs. "No. Sorry." I shrug. "Its okay. I'm use to not having a lot. I got you two though." Lynx looked up at me then. Confused maybe. I didn't reply and neither did he. He understood what I meant. "Lynx?"

"Yeah?" I leaned my head on his shoulder. "Thank you. For looking after her." I closed my eyes before he could say anything else. I was asleep. A peaceful one at that.