Chapter 1

Few months earlier.....

"You're insecure,
Don't know what for,
You're turning heads when you walk through the door,
Don't need make-up, to cover up,
Being the way that you................"

"Arghhhhh!" Groaning in annoyance I dismissed my alarm. After a few minutes of stretching and yawning I made my way towards my bathroom.

After about half an hour I was freshened up. I walked towards my closet and began searching for my today's outfit, after all it was my first day at the Monroe's Group. I was going to be working with the Monroe's as a Financial Advisor.  It is a dream come true job to be working with one of the most prestigious companues in the world. All my perseverance of several years, the hardships, the struggle, and all my night and days of hard work was going to be paid off. I could wish for nothing more.

I'll have to thank my best friend since middle school, Alexandra or Alex, as she likes to be called, for recommending me for this job. She has been working for  The Monroe's for about six months now as an interior designer for their hotels. Alex is best at what she does.

She is a Greek girl who moved along with her parents to New York during our middle school. We instantly became friends and have been since then. She's more like a sister to me than a friend.

She has always been at by my side for supporting my decisions and always encouraging me.

Alex has dark blonde hair with blue eyes and a figure to die for. She is taller than me, almost 5' 7". Almost all the girls in our school used to envy her beauty. But nobody could hate her because she was a sweetheart.

The Monroe Industries mainly deal with real estates but recently they have also started investing in hotels. In short they are BIG. I was so delighted to work with them. Well who wouldn't? The pay is good and not to mention they have a hot CEO as a boss, Mr. Ethan Monroe.

As soon as I was selected to work with The Monroe's I immediately did some research on him, and let me tell you that Mr. Ethan Monroe is no less than a Greek God. Chocolate brown eyes that could make any one melt, brown hair, sharp jawline, full lips that you could just kiss.

Excuse my thoughts!

I quickly opened his instagram and found a younger version of him. Probably his college photos. He was very handsome. You can't blame me, that guy is hot and he knows it. But I am not a pervert creepy stalker, just curious.

I wanted to look professional on my first day but not too much so I picked my outfit as a black skirt and a white blouse. Professional yet classy. I kept my make-up as simple as possible. Just some mascara and a baby pink lipstick. I wore my 3 inch heels to look taller than my 5' 5". I have always despised wearing heels but my best friend being her usual persuasive self forced this heels on me saying that I needed to look tall and confident in my first day. I don't know why!

I would say I looked good for my first day. Taking a final glance at myself in the mirror I grabbed my purse, car keys and made my way towards my car. Nothing fancy just a simple Audi RS 6. It was a birthday gift from my Dad for my 22nd birthday. It was smooth as butter. Yes, my Dad is very very rich, but I'm in no way a 'spoilt rich brat'. I am an independent working women who likes to earn for herself and make her future with her own capabilities.

Sliding in the driver's seat I put the keys in the ignition and set the address in the GPS and was soon off through the busy streets of the Monday morning. Just to entertain myself I played the radio. Ellie Goulding's  'Love me like you do' started blasting through the speakers. I started singing along with.

"You're the light, you're the night
You're the color of my blood
You're the cure, you're the pain
You're the only thing I wanna touch
Never knew that it could mean so much, so much

You're the fear, I don't care
Cause I've never been so high
Follow me to the dark
Let me take you past our satellites
You can see the world you brought to life, to life

So love me like you do, la-la-love me like you do
Love me like you do, la-la-love me like you do
Touch me like you do, ta-ta-touch me like you do
What are you waiting for?"

Before I knew I reached my destination :
THE MONROE GROUP

---*-*-*---

Vote
Comment
& Share