Chapter 3

On the second day of my work I woke up early due to excitement and nervousness. I got freshened up and then got dressed. I applied some simple make-up and went to the kitchen to make some breakfast. I prepared cheese sandwiches and hungrily stuffed them in my mouth.

I grabbed some chocolates from my drawer, simply because I love chocolates and made my way towards my amazing car.

The drive from my apartment to my office is approximately 15 minutes.

At sharp 8:50 I reached my office. I  parked my car and and went towards the elevator. I stepped in the elevator and soon people started filling in. I stepped out of the elevator on reaching my floor.

I got in my cabin and began rummaging through the pending files.It was around noon that I heard a knock on the door. Assuming it to be Alex, I called, "Come in".

"Hey, come on let's go for lunch."

My head snapped up from the file to the masculine voice. Ian was leaning by the door,waiting for me. Since I was me here it was important for me to make friends other than Alex so I decided to go with Ian. Normally I wasn't the one to make acquaintances with strangers but I had to try new things in life. I quickly closed the file and followed him to the cafeteria.

We sat in a corner. Ian was the first to break the silence.

"So, how's the work going on so far. Are you enjoying it?"

"Yeah, so far it is good".

"There she is."

I turned to see my best friend coming towards our table with a scowl.

"So you make new friends and forget about the old ones? Wow! Just wow!". She said dramatically.

"Come on Alex, Ian was just enquiring about work. Come join us."

Alex sat on the adjacent chair and we all ordered our lunch.

"Ian, you told me that Mr. Monroe is out of country. When will he be back? I mean I have to finish my work before he comes, right?"

"Yes you have to finish all the work before he returns, but I am not exactly sure about his return. Sometimes he just disappears and then appears out of nowhere. I mean why not, when you have the entire empire to run you can't just stick to one office. Mr Monroe is currently touring his new hotels just to check whether they are properly running or not."

"It must be difficult for him to look after the empire by himself."

"He is a hardworking man. This company was started by his late grandfather. Further inherited by his father. The company made a lot of progress when senior Mr. Monroe was the CEO. Now that Ethan Monroe is the CEO, well not officially, because his father is still the CEO even though he doesn't come to office anymore. This entire company is handled by Ethan Monroe himself. Last year he started his own chain of hotels.He himself is the architect of those hotels."

"Wow!"

"Yeah, wow."He chuckled.

I was in awe of Mr. Monroe's success. Sure the guy must be a workaholic to take such huge responsibilities on himself at such a young age.

After that the we all went our separate ways and got busy with our individual works. The day gradually came to an end and I left for home.

After reaching home I quickly took a shower  and started munching some chips, while I researched about the Monroe group of hotels. From the endless list I saw of the images of the hotels I was sure that The Monroe's were no ordinary people to be having such a vast empire.

I was very much impressed by the design and the luxury of the hotel. Every corner of the hotel was beautiful and screamed money. I must say that this boss of ours is a talented guy.

Some more browsing and a movie on the Netflix later, my eyes fell heavy and I shut my laptop and went to sleep.

---*-*-*---

I apologize for the short chapter. But I promise that the next few chapters will be long. You will soon meet Ethan, just wait for his entry.

Happy reading. 😘