Chapter 49

"From this day forward, you shall not walk alone. My heart will be your shelter, and my arms will be your home."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Erica

It was rather early in the morning or at least that was what I thought when the someone was ringing the door bell continuously. I buried my head under the pillow to muffle the annoying sounds but when I felt suffocated I rested on the pillow again and called out Ethan who seemed to have no worry about the world. He was sleeping like a log. I shoved him hard on the shoulder and that woke him up, scared if I may add.

"What happened?" He groaned sleepily.

"I think there is someone at the door." I said closing my eyes.

"Mhhm...Come here." He said and pulled me closer to his chest. As much as I loved being close to him, now was not the time because the annoying thing was snatching away my precious sleep.

"Ethan... " I said and put some distance between us. He muttered some curses under his breath and got up from the bed.

"I heard that." I said loud enough for him to hear.

"It wasn't meant for you, baby." He said walking out. I chuckled and closed my eyes. A few minutes passed and I was slowly drifting off when Ethan called me.

"Baby, wake up." He said gently caressing my hair. I opened my eyes to see him squatting on the floor beside the bed.

"Baby, it's your Dad. He wants to speak to you." I thought I heard him say that but that sure did drive my sleep away.

"Dad? So early?"

"Its actually nine." For a moment I thought he was joking. But judging by his expression he was dead serious. I reluctantly left the comfort of my bed and stood up with the help of Ethan.

"Can you please tell Dad to wait for a few minutes? I'll just take a shower." Ethan nodded and pecked me before leaving downstairs. I hurriedly took a shower not wanting to make Dad wait any longer. Honestly, why was he even here?

I changed into a fresh pair of clothes and brushed my hair and headed downstairs. Ethan and Dad were sitting in the living room and I saw that the housekeeper had arrived too. She made coffee for Dad and Ethan and fruit juice for me as we all sat in the living room.

"How are you Erica?" Dad asked.

"I am good. Better. What brings you here all of a sudden?" I asked taking a sip of my juice.

"Christine told me that she met you yesterday and ... " Dad left he remaining sentence hanging in the air.

"You can't blame me if I raised my hand on her. She was talking shït about me and I was obviously not gonna listen to her." This was the most stupid thing she could've done. Honestly, what was she, five?

"No, that's not why I am here. She said that you and Ethan.. Are you really pregnant?" I stared at him in disbelief. Was he really asking me that?

"Yes dad, I am really pregnant and its Ethan's if that's what you were going to ask me next." I replied. Just when I thought that it couldn't get any worse. When Christine said that to me, it hurt but when my own dad was doubting me it felt like a slap.

"No.. What are you saying? I didn't mean that, I'm just... I can't actually believe that. Why didn't you tell me earlier? I would've stopped myself from committing such a huge mistake. I would've never chosen my one daughters happiness over my other daughter's life." Dad said. I didn't reply because I knew that the moment I would open my mouth I'd cry like a wreck. Ethan sensed my state and comfortingly placed his hand on my shoulders. I weakly smiled at him.