Chapter 34

This update was quicker and very difficult to write. Introducing Ethan everyone. I give you my permission to kill him..

Happy Reading

-MissR12

*****

Ethan

I was ashamed of myself. I already knew that whatever I was doing was wrong on so many levels. I was making my love Erica suffer. She was hurting and it was because of me. I had broken her so much that she wouldn't even look at me straight in the eyes. Even I couldn't face myself in the mirror.

After Erica handed me her resignation today, I was devastated. I had intended to break things with her and watch her from afar. She wouldn't be in my life but she would forever be in my sight. I could see her beautiful face and her heart melting smile. But now she was leaving. She was leaving me alone. I felt lost without her. But I deserved to be feel this pain since I was the one who hurt her. I opened my bedroom drawer and took out a small jewelry box that lay there for weeks now. It had the most beautiful diamond ring that I could find. I had bought it the next day we had confessed our love for each other. I wanted to marry her. I wanted to make her my wife. I had planned in asking her but waited because I didn't want to scare her. We were getting slow and I always waited for the right moment. But it never came. All that came was trouble and pain. Now all I could do was stare at this ring and imagine how it would look on Erica's fingers.

I placed the ring back safely into its original place. I wanted to forget that today ever happened. I wanted to forget that she said that. I felt a heavy weight on my heart. My chest was burning. I had to do something to lessen the pain. My gaze landed on my car keys. I grabbed them and headed to the nearest bar. I had already discarded my suit jacket. I rolled up my sleeves and headed inside. The bar was not so crowded so I found myself an empty spot and asked the bartender to serve the strongest drink. I quickly took a large gulp and then one more. Two, three and... I felt better. My head felt light and I was feeling at ease now. But no matter how much I drank away my pain the words she had uttered, I would never forget them. She had moved on. She was seeing a guy. She looked happy and it wasn't me who was making her happy. Quite the opposite actually. She wanted to forget me and move on with him.

Here I was feeling like I was dying and she was already with someone else. I couldn't just hear her saying that.

"He is so lucky to have you." I heard a female voice say. I was going to meet Erica to see her for the last time. I went near her office and heard her and Alexandra's conversation.

"I am lucky to have him. He has made me realize that I don't need anyone else to be happy. We can start our new lives far away from here. He is already making me so happy. Day by day I feel myself getting more attached to him. I never imagined this day will come in my life. But I'm happy that it did. I'm so excited."

After hearing that I walked straight past her office door and exited the building. This was too nuch for me to handle in a day. My chest felt like it was burning. I couldn't breathe.

Erica had another man in her life. She wanted to start a new life with him. Now I realized how she must have felt when I went out with Christine behind her back.

Rage built up inside me. I was fueled by anger and alcohol. I wasn't in my right senses so I did something that only my drunk self could do.

Erica

Ethan? Why was he calling me at this hour. It was past ten in the night. I answered nevertheless.

"Hello, Ethan?"