Chapter 18

Erica

I reached the coffee shop. It was nothing fancy but the coffee was awesome. The interiors were very simple and not too flashy. It gave a good homey feeling. When we came here first time,I instantly liked it here. Its been ten minutes since I arrived but there was no sign of Ethan. Just then the door chimmed open signaling someone's entry. I looked up from my lap to see Ethan's warm eyes searching me. He looked at me and made his way towards me.

"I am so sorry, I got stuck in traffic. I hope you haven't been waiting for too long" He began appologizing as soon as he sat on the opposite chair.

I decided to play with him for some time. So I didn't respond and looked away from his beautiful face that held apologetic expression.

"Hey, I'm sorry. Don't look away. " He said while reaching for my hand.

I laughed and spoke, " Aww... Did I get you worried? "

"You played me, didn't you?" He spoke realizing that I was just kidding. I gave him a sheepish grin.

"So you said that you missed me." He said raising his eyebrows. He had a satisfactory smirk on his face as if he was happy about me missing him.

"Yeah.. I just.. I just wanted to talk to you. " I spoke unsure of what to say. There was a lot that I wanted to ask him. I wanted to know does he feel the same way as I feel. I was unsure about my feelings. It was far more than just liking him that I was sure of. But something that I felt towards him, that I couldn't name it and it bothered me a lot. We were happy earlier, having a great time but simply thinking about it makes me confused. I don't know what is happening to me.

He snapped his fingers in front of me bringing my attention back to him from wonderland. "You still there? You seem lost. Is everything okay?"

"I don't know. I mean... I... " I sighed unable to form words.

He kept silent gesturing me to continue.

"Nothing. You tell me you are too busy with your work you don't even talk to me."  I decided to change the conversation before I complicate things. It is better to keep my thoughts to myself for now.

"You are changing the topic. " He said a matter of fact.

"I am not and can't I just miss my boyfriend?You know he is so busy, he hardly has time for his girlfriend." I tried to divert his mind from our earlier talk.

"Hey don't say that. I try to spend as much time with you as possible. You know I like spending time with you. I know I remain busy during the weekdays so I try to cover up the loss by spending the weekends with you." That wasn't a lie. Ethan spends the entire weekend with me.

"I understand. I am just a girl who wants her boyfriend's special attention. I just miss you all the time. I want to go places with you. I want to make memories with you. Is it too much to ask?" I spoke sighing.

"No. I am sorry. I'll try to be more attentive towards you. Okay? Are you happy now? " He said taking my hand in his and placing his palm over it.

I nodded. "Can we go? I feel tired." I spoke.

"Sure."

Ethan

What?

Are all women crazy?At one moment she complains about me not spending enough time with her and now she wants to leave. I don't understand what is wrong with Erica. She seemed stressed. I felt like she wanted to tell me something but she is not able to open up.

After we left from the coffee shop I came home.I had to go meet my parents.They called me in the afternoon. Apparently they wanted to speak something important to me. I have been avoiding going there because whenever I go there my mom always bugs me for getting married. I don't understand her obsession with me getting married.

"Hey son, how are you doing? " My mother spoke in a loving tone on the phone .

"I am fine. " I replied.

"I called you to remind about your visit. I hope you remember. "  She spoke.

"I remember Mom, but I can't make it. I have some work to do." I lied.

I love my mom and absolutely hate lying to her but me and marriage, now seems contrary. I am with Erica now. I don't know how she feels about me but I cannot imagine me marrying someone else. I hope she too feels the same about me.

Woah!

Me, marrying Erica. Where did that come from?

I really need to stop over thinking. We are just dating each other. I shook my head at my thoughts and went to meet Ralph. He will help me distract from my weird thoughts.

****************************************

Ralph's place is not very far from my place. I reaached his place in fifteen minutes. He welcomed me and I made myself comfortable in his penthouse. Me and Ralph were like brothers. Nick was also present there. I still felt a little bitter towards him. It was obvious that he liked Erica but she was my girl now.

"Hey man." Nick said a bit too cheerful.

"Hey. " I replied faking a smile.

" Actually,I was going to call you. I wanted your help." He spoke hesitantly directing towards me.

It was strange having Nick speaking hesitantly. He usually spoke confidently. One more trait that women loved.

"Me. What help? " I spoke confused.

" I wanted Erica's number. She is your employee right?" He spoke. I immediately glared at him. How dare he? She is my girlfriend.

"No." I spoke flatly.

"No? Why? " He raised his eyebrows.

"She is his girlfriend. " Ralph cut in resulting in Nick's mouth hanging wide open. If I wasn't pissed I would laugh at his expression.

"He is right. She is mine and don't you dare think of her. " I spoke threateningly.

"Your girlfriend. Ah! So you took my help courting her. " He spoke in realization.

"That doesn't matter." I snapped.

"Ouch! Okay man. No need to get all riled up. I was just trying my luck. But you have to admit that she is hot."

I glared at him and he took it as his cue to shut up.

"Why are you getting so jealous man? Calm down." Ralph spoke in his usual calm tone.
"What do you mean by getting jealous? She is my girlfriend. You can't just talk like that about her in front of me. In fact you shouldn't even think about her like that. " I spoke with anger.

"Okay, okay." He spoke with his hands up in surrendering manner.

I couldn't talk to Ralph since Nick was present there so we just had our usual  conversation.

--------------------------*-*-*-------------------------

Vote

Comment

& Share