Chapter 20

Waking up the next morning I felt something gripping my waist. Turning around I saw Ethan hugging me from behind. I smiled seeing him sleeping so peaceful. He eyes slowly fluttered. He lazily smiled at me and spoke in a hoarse voice.

"Good Morning. "

"Morning." I spoke softly.

I got up from my bed and walked towards my bathroom to finish my morning business. When I came back in the bedroom I saw Ethan smiling at me.

"Why are you smiling? " I asked him.

"Yesterday I got the best sleep of my life." He replied getting up and walking towards me. It was the best sleep of life too. Its not like we did something last night, just laying in his arms gave me peace and warmth that I now realized I was missing.

He hugged me from behind and began placing soft kisses on my shoulders. He didn't know what effect his touch had on me. It drove me crazy and made me feel special. His touch was always very soft and gentle.

"Mine too." I whispered breathlessly. His proximity left me breathless. It was not awkward, it was just that I had never been so close to anyone. But with Ethan, I wanted him to touch me. I wanted his love. I wanted his... Wait ! Love? I Shook my head at my thoughts.

I kept aside my inner thoughts to myself as I didn't want to mess up now. We were doing fine. And I want to enjoy with Ethan as much as possible. It would be better if we took things slowly and smoothly.

"Baby." Ethan spoke. He came face to face with me. I couldn't help but smile at him. I liked it when he called me that or with any other terms of endearment.

"Ethan it's getting late, we're getting late for office." I realised that it was about time and we couldn't just go late.

"Hmm. Actually I have to go somewhere else." He spoke still hugging me.

"Where?" I asked.

"Dad called me to talk about something. I'll come later in the office."

"Okay." I broke from his embrace and quickly rushed to get ready. When I came outside I saw Ethan about to leave. So I asked, "You're not staying for breakfast?"

"No, some other time." He came, kissed my cheek and left.

******

My day in office passed unusually boring today. I used to enjoy working. But thinking about it now, I feel that maybe it was the anticipation of meeting Ethan made me excited to come to office. I had grown in my feelings for him so much that I couldn't even stand a day without seeing him. It was past afternoon still there was no sign of Ethan. I didn't call him as I didn't want to disturb his family time. He should have returned by now. I glanced over at my office door in hopes that Ethan will enter any second now but he didn't.

It was already 5:00, meaning end of my shift. I packed my belongings and giving a final glance at Ethan's office I turned on my heels.

At home I decided to call Alex and lighten my sad mood. She answered on the second ring.

"Hey girl! Got time for your best friend. " She taunted. I had gotten used to her ways of speaking like that to me. But this time I couldn't blame her. I had literally forgotten her since I had gotten so busy with Ethan.

"Hello to you best friend. And I'm sorry for that okay? Well I wanted to speak to you. I'll come over at your place tonight, okay?" I could spend some time with my best friend and clear my mind too.

*******

I was sprawled on Alex's bed munching popcorn and Alex was gone to cook food for us. I was deep in my thought. Actually since I had Ethan in my life I seemed to be thinking a lot. I knew that between me and Ethan there was a lot more than just attraction or a fling. These words seemed like an insult to our relationship. It was definitely more than that. What I felt for him was a lot more stronger, a lot more deeper. I could see myself with him in future, growing old, being each other's support. A few days ago I was confused about these feelings but now it was clear that I was in love with Ethan. Yes I was in love. The thought didn't scare me. It made me happy. I was almost sure that Ethan loved me too. I just needed to hear his confession.

A few days ago the thought would have scared me. But now it doesn't scare me. It makes me feel special.

"What's making you smile?" Alex spoke. I didn't know when she came. I realized that I was smiling to myself thinking about Ethan like a teenager. The thought only made me blush more.

"I... I..... I think.... " I couldn't hide my feelings from Alex, however I couldn't bring myself to tell her about it.

She looked at me with confusion. She crossed her arms and came near me and sat next me. "Tell me? What's wrong?"

"Oh Alex! Nothings wrong. Infact its all gonna be right from now." I spoke enthusiastically.

She still looked at me with confusion, expecting me to continue. I decided to confess at once.

"I have come to realize that I am in love... with Ethan." I couldn't stop myself from blushing.

"OMG! I knew it, I simply knew it. I am so happy for you." She threw her arms around my neck and hugged me tight. I returned the hug and shared my joy with my best friend.

"I just realized it now, I haven't told him yet." I spoke further.

"What? Why? You should tell him." She climbed further on the bed forgetting about the food.

"I don't know if he is that serious about me. Besides I don't want to make a fool out of myselves if he doesn't feel anything for me."

"We aren't living in the 90's, girl. Come on its 2017 for God's sake. I think you should take the initiative." She spoke casually as if no big deal. However my face turned pale hearing that. There's no way I was confessing first. I didn't have the courage to do so.

"Of course not. I can't do that. So no." I shook my head at her. It was out of question.

"You are such a coward." She said with an accusatory tone. Well, I was never the one to make the first move, I was too shy for that. The thought of me confessing first seemed too bold. A tiny part of my mind suggested 'What if he rejects you?' I wanted to play safe.

"Are you afraid of rejection?" As if sensing my thoughts Alex spoke. She knew me too well for that. I simply nodded unable to form correct words to express my feelings.

"You don't have to because as far as I know, Ethan is too serious about you. I have seen how he looks at you. So don't worry. I'm sure he loves you too". I wanted to believe every word that Alex spoke. Somewhere deep in my heart I knew that he felt for me too. But I guess I was in denial.

"Okay. I am going to tell him everything about how I feel. I'll go to him and confess everything. Yes. I can do it." I spoke with new found courage.

"That's my girl." She hugged me and started giving me tips on how to approach him and began the conversation. I was nervous as hell but as she told me everything and gave me confidence I felt at ease. I prayed that everything turned to be good.

---*-*-*---

Vote

Comment

& Share