Chapter 6

Erica

I quickly rushed home and made for myself some quick snack. I logged into my social media sites account and began visiting my friends profiles.

The door bell rang bringing my attention back to the world.

O My God! I can't believe that I just spent two hours on social media. Now I'll be late! O God Alex is going to be super pissed. I thought to myself. Logging out of my account I shut my laptop. I quickly rushed to the door. I was greeted by Alex looking all too hot, wearing a golden tight dress, with a grin plastered on her face. As soon as she saw me her smile turned into a a frown.

"Why aren't you ready yet? " She screamed.

I flinched. "Ehm... I just lost track of time. I'll just get ready in 10 minutes. Come in."

"No. You need to look hot, take as much time as you want. Please wear something sexy. "She said as she walked in.

"Yeah I'll just come."

I sprinted towards my bathroom and took the quickest shower of my life. I came out of the shower with only a towel wrapped around me. I headed towards my closet and chose a black dress. It wasn't something I'd usually wear but it was kind of bold when I bought it. Tonight I wanted to be bold. The spaghetti straps shower off my arms and it slightly hinted my cleavage. It was a bit short reaching into my mid thighs but when I observed myself in the mirror I thought I looked pretty good.

For my makeup, I concentrated mostly on my eyes. Applying a nude shade I left my long wavy hair open. I put on heels giving me extra height.

In the living room Alex saw me and nearly screamed with excitement.

"Wow! You look so sexy."

"I'm so going to enjoy myself." She cheered for me.

"Come let's go."

*****

We rode in her car. "Why can't I ride in my car?" I asked, the question bothering me.

She gave a wicked grin.What was she up to?

"Alex." I spoke in a serious tone.

"Well, I was thinking that if you ditch me for a hot guy I need to have my car to go back home." She said innocently. But I know Alex was far from innocent. I knew her too well for that.

"I could say the same thing. What if you ditch me? And why will I go with a guy? You know Alex I don't do the relationship things. Hell! I don't even do the one night stand thing. Why would you do that?"

"I know, and I'm not going to force you to sleep with someone but you can enjoy some nice time. Who knows you might find your prince charming? That's why I want you to try. For how long are you going to be lonely? Live a little girl."

"I am not lonely. In fact I am very much happy. Why does everyone think that only a guy can make you happy?"

"I know how happy you are Erica."She said stretching the word happy.

"So what do you want? You want a repeat a last time." I said angrily. The memories making my heart heavy.

"Last time was nothing, you can't ruin your chances of happiness due to one bitter experience. "

"I can't do it anymore Alex, I don't want to go through that pain again, I don't want to pass through the judgmental stares of people again. I can't do it.... I just can't." I said with each word breaking my heart. Tears began to pool in my eyes. I didn't want to ruin my make-up so I just dabbed a tissue over my eyes.

I saw Alex sighing. "Okay fine. We won't talk about it any more. But please don't cry. I don't want to ruin our evening. Let's forget about it."

I just kept quiet.

We reached the bar. I got out of the car and began examining the surrounding. Alex parked the car and we both entered the bar. It was not as crowded as I had imagined it to be. It had the usual scenario, couples making out, dancing sweaty bodies grinding against each other, half the crowd drunk as hell. We both sat on a stool and ordered our drinks. Our drinks arrived and I took a couple of sips.

"Gin and tonic, please." A strangely familiar masculine voice said.

I turned around to see the man who had my heartbeat quickening, leaning over the table. I nearly spit my drink but somehow managed to control myself. Well that would be awkward if I spit my drink on his face.

I never considered Mr. Monroe to be a bars and pubs type of guy. Sure he was young and could do anything that he wanted but still I couldn't imagine it. He wore a gray tank top underneath a black jacket and jeans. Very different from his usual attire of suit and tie. He looked hot in anything he wore. I wonder whats underneath that jacket.

 I wonder whats underneath that jacket

Sure he must be having six packs. What! Snap out of it you fool. He seem to notice me checking him out. He cleared his throat and I quickly averted my gaze.

Shit! Now he is going to embarass me. I thought to myself.

"Mr. Monroe, what a surprise."I spoke quickly.

"Erica, good to see you. Call me Ethan. Mr. Monroe is for others and I insist you call me Ethan.Hello Miss Demakis. "he waved to Alex behind me. I was too stunned to say anything. Alex just smiled and murmured a quite 'hello' which I'm not sure if he heard. I am sure is as surprised as me if not more.

There was a long awkward pause before anyone of us spoke. Mr..... Ethan was the first to speak."So do you come here often?"

"No Alex knew about this place, she insisted we come here."I spoke.

"Do you come here often? " This time I decided to initiate the conversation.

"Actually yes I come here with my friends very often."

"So this is like your hang out spot?"

"Could say that. "He replied shrugging.

"There, they are my friends. " He pointed towards three guys sitting in the far corner. They immediately got up and walked towards us.

"Ethan wouldn't you introduce us to these lovely ladies over here." The blonde man spoke gesturing towards me and Alex.

"Of course, guys meet Erica and Alexandra."I smiled at all three of them,so did Alex.

"Ladies meet my friends Daniel, Ralph and Nick." He pointed towards each of them as he introduced us.

So I learnt that the blonde who spoke first was Daniel , the copper haired one was Nick and the other blonde was Ralph. All of them were good looking and looked like they belonged to a wealthy family.

We chatted for a while. My earlier mood sad from my conversation with Alex was long gone.

--------------------------*-*-*---------------------------

Vote

Comment

&Share