Chapter 46

I just want to ask you all for a small favor. Can you please go back to chapter 45 and vote because I had to take it down to wattpad glitch. In the process I lost all my votes and views.

Thank you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Erica

It was a moment after that I could breathe. Time seemed to have stilled in the past few moments. Every piece of my heart had swollen in joy with the words I had seen. I had to blink a few times to make sure that I wasn't dreaming. No. I wasn't. It was my reality.

"Baby." I turned around to find Ethan on his knees with a jewelry box in his hand. He opened the box that contained the most beautiful diamond ring I had ever seen. It was simply flawless. Ethan was right, he did have the best taste.

"Say, will you do me the honors of becoming my wife? Will you make me the happiest man alive? I promise to always protect you and our kids. I'll be the best father to our kids and be the world's best husband to you. I'll love our babies. Tell me, will you marry me?"

My smile faded away at his words. Was he doing this just because I got pregnant? Was he just covering up for his mistakes by asking me for marriage. Of course he was, why else would he propose? I felt disheartened. Some other time if he had proposed I would've been happier. But it was not the case now. It wasn't his fault though. He was just doing what a responsible person would do.

"Baby something." Ethan said still on his knees and my ring in is hand with the sparkling jewel in it.

Ethan

My heart was drumming inside my ribcage. This was apparently more difficult to do than I had imagined. Erica standing still and not speaking a word wasn't helping at all. I was positive earlier that she wouldn't be able to refuse me but now my confidence was slipping away.

"Baby?" I spoke again when she didn't reply. I could see she was overwhelmed but I was getting impatient.

"You are scarring me baby." Still she kept silent.

"No."

I thought I heard wrong. Clearly she didn't say no. She loved me, why would she say a no?

"Erica.."

"I am sorry Ethan. But no. You don't have to do this. I don't want to pressure you. We don't have to get married just because I am pregnant. I know that.. That you aren't doing anything wrong but I can't burden you and I am completely fine with it. I just can't.. I can't.. " She cried. I couldn't believe that she would think that I would marry just for our kids.

" No baby, its not what you are thinking. I want to marry you because I love you and I want to spend my entire life with you. Not because you are pregnant. That thought never came to my mind." I got up from my kneeling position and cupped her face. She was getting it all wrong.

"Its okay Ethan. You don't need to do this. Trust me I am not mad at you and I am not accusing you of anything. I am perfectly fine with it. Its okay."

"Erica, you are getting it all wrong. I love you. Please don't say that. I can never do that to you. " I said to her with utmost sincerity.

"Why else would you want to marry me? You never brought up that topic before, why all of a sudden?" She said wiping her tears.