Chapter 33

"Did you tell him?" Alex asked sitting besides me on my bed. After I called earlier today she came rushing by my side within the quickest time. She was very supportive and didn't force me to speak anything. I slowly confessed everything to her and she listened patiently to me. I was grateful to have her by my side.

"No and I don't plan on telling him." I said without looking at her.

"You know I am not going to force you to do something. Its your choice but as a friend I suggest that you at least tell him about his own child. He has the right to know. I am not saying that you forgive him but just let him know." She said.

"Alex, we don't even know what will happen if I tell him. He may completely refuse to accept my baby or he may take my baby away from me. I don't want my baby to grow with them, calling Christine his mother. Though it was all of a sudden, I love my baby no matter what. I am perfectly capable of taking care of my baby and I don't need him or his charity. I am not going to suck his money for childcare." I said huffing.

"I don't doubt your capabilities but you work with him, its understandable that he wouldn't notice now but what will happen when your pregnancy will start showing?" She stated the truth but I had already thought about it.

"That won't be a problem. I am resigning. I'll take a new job anywhere else where no one will interfere in our lives." I palmed my flat belly lovingly. Though my baby was unplanned but still I would always love him. I knew about him for only a few hours now but I had already fallen in love with him. He would be my support for my life.

"I know what you must be going through. I support you in whatever you plan to do." She smiled at me positively. I was so relieved to hear that. I was in need of my best friend's support and she was giving me exactly that.

"Thanks Alex. I am so lucky to have you by my side." I said with tears in my eyes.

"Aww! Getting hormonal already? How far are you again?" She said cooing.

"Six weeks."  "You know you have to help me with this pregnancy throughout. You'll always be there if I need you right?" I asked her just for reassurance.

"Only on one condition." She said smiling. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"You'll have to make me the godmother of your baby." She said. I smiled in happiness. There was no way anyone else would be more deserving than Alex.

"Have you planned any name yet?"

"O God, No. Alex I just found out like three hours ago. I am still adjusting." I said with horror.

"Right. Sorry." She smiled sheepishly. I was feeling better now than earlier. Sharing my feelings with Alex definitely helped me.

One thing I was clear of now was, I wasn't just alone now. I had a little one inside me. Someone who would be only be mine. I didn't have to share him or her. I would give him or her all the love in the world. My baby would never feel lonely like me. He or she would always be loved by his or her mommy. Mommy! That felt so unusual and so foreign to be called. I wasn't scared anymore to be ending up like my mother. Images of a little boy with curly brown hair and blue eyee and a little girl with the same brown hair and brown eyes like her..... Daddy swirled in my mind, where they were running in the park and smiling cheerfully.

For just a moment I thought about what would happen if the circumstances were different. What if we never separated? Would Ethan be happy that we were having a baby? Of course he would be. We would be a perfect happy family. My eyes instantly watered. God! Alex was right, I was already so hormonal.

But now was not the time to think that. Now I had to submit my resignation and then find a new job that paid well enough for both of us. It was going to be difficult but I had to do it for the sake of my little baby.