Chapter 4

Today was our level evaluations. And I have this weird feeling, that if there is a level below level 0, like level -1000, I'll be on that level. They are testing on talent, my only being music. Which I am allowed to do music, but I feel like it's not enough.

They are testing us on smarts. As in I have to take a test on the history of Illea, it's provinces, and more. Also ettiquette. Which is French for I'm going to fail.

Dancing. No. no. No. they are going to see if I can dance! I can tell them right now that I can not. I don't need a test to know that. Will. Ugh. What does that even mean. Kindness. This one is a wild card. I have no idea how you can test how kind someone is. Is that even possible.

And bravery and strength. I'm also almost sure those are together. And almost 100% sure that I can pass that one. I'll have you know that as a previous five I did a lot of labor and running. I was great at that sort of thing. Athletics comes easy for me. So at least I'll pass that one.

So now I sit behind the piano, in a sparkly baby blue dress, with the whole school staring back at me. And I was terrified. I mean I have total faith in my ability to play the piano and I have played in front of crowds before. But I have not played in front of a bunch of judgmental, stuck up princesses and princes and Maxon, Marlee, Prim, Avery, and Noelle.

I closed my eyes and imagined me sitting in my living room, playing in front of my family. My mom in tears of joy, May squealing like a child on Christmas. I let my fingers move softly over the keys as I forgot about the school.

I opened my eyes 3 minutes later to see thousands of wide-eyed faces staring back at me. I felt self conscious with them all staring at me. The three teachers at the bottom started scribbling vigorously on there papers. The clapping started and I quietly left the stage.

~oOo~

What was Illea called before the war?

-America

What country took over during the war?

-China

Who was the first ruler of Illea?

-Gregory Illea

Who knew I could be any good at history. I'm acing this test. I am awesome!

~oOo~

Wait. What? There is more then one spoon. Well this one is rounder and deeper, so it's a......spoon. And this one is smaller so it's a.......spoon. And this ones is a normal size so it's a.......spoon. There all spoons!!!!!!!

So the napkin goes on your lap, but wait why? I mean I know it's to stop food from falling on my lap or in this case, my expensive dress, but what if food falls on my chest. There is no napkin there to stop the food. I guess they just guessed that a princess knows how to eat without spilling, well they guessed wrong.

~oOo~

"Form two lines please," Miss Silvia ordered. "A ladies line and a gentlemen she line."

People scurried around the ballroom trying to line up with there boyfriends or people they are crushing on. I just got in line quietly.

"Ladies Partner up with the gentlemen across from you," Silvia instructed.

I looked up and saw Maxon standing across from me. He smiled at me and took my hand, placing his other hand gently on my waist. I wrapped my other arm around his neck. We gently moved forward then backwards, then to the side and forward. I managed to repeat those 4 simple steps 5 times while only stepping on his foot once.