Chapter 11

I woke up from some of the best sleep I've ever had. I rolled over, but hit something. I opened my eyes and realized it was someone. I screamed and jumped up. It was Maxon.

He sat up with a start. I put my hand over my heart and tried to calm it.

"Maxon! What are you doing here!" I yelled.

His eyes widened as he took in his surroundings. "Shoot. I must of accidentally fallen asleep last night."

I remembered back to the events of last night and smiled. "It's okay Maxon. I don't blame you."

"Are you sure, America? It's very improper of me," he said looking so ashamed.

"It's fine. I swear. Just don't tell anybody," I murmured and ran a hand threw my hair. It got caught. Oh my god. Bed head. You can not be serious. Maxon is seeing this.

"Can I use your bathroom?" He asked.

I nodded enthusiastically. "Right this way. Don't let me hold you up."

I ran into my closest. I shut the door and quickly pulled on a mint green, knee-length, high low, strapless, sweet heart neckline, dress. I ran to the vanity in my closet and ran a brush through my hair. I sighed once I looked okay. I put on some lip gloss and mint wedges.

I walked out and noticed Maxon trying to fix his hair without a hairbrush. I smiled. It honestly wasn't working. His hair was sticking out in all directions. I walked over to him and ran my fingers through his hair. It felt so soft and smooth. I fixed and patted it down until it looked decent.

I stepped back and smiled. "There."

He was staring at me. Then he turned his eyes to my outfit and they widened. "You just got ready in like 2 minutes and you look beautiful. It took my ex-girlfriend like two hours to get ready in the morning."

I blushed because he called me beautiful. Then I felt angry and jealous because why was he with this girl in the morning.

"Why did you guys break up?" I asked nosily.

"The long distance relationship wasn't working. She lives in France," he explained.

"Oh. That's too bad." I honestly could care less about frenchie.

"Yeah....."

"I should probably go......"

"Yeah....."

"I'll see you at breakfast," he added.

I nodded. "Yeah. Don't let anyone steal my spot."

"Never," he vowed.

~oOo~

I was exiting my room when I noticed who the guard on his rounds was.

"Hey Aspen," I called. He stopped in front of me.

"America," he greeted. I hugged him and laughed. "How've you been?"

"I've been good. How about you?" I asked sweetly.

"The usual," he said.

"Your usual life sounds pretty boring. So your bored. Perfectly understandable. If you ever need something to spice up your life you know where I am," I laughed and gave him a flirtatious wave, before heading to breakfast.

I sat down at my usual seat next to Maxon. He had changed and everything but not actually done his hair. Awe. Did that mean anything?

Viveca, Noelle, Prim, and Avery were all whispering quietly to each other. It was very quiet and I couldn't hear what they were saying. I looked to Maxon questionably and he just shrugged.