Chaptet 37: Christmas

"Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh my god! I'm getting married in three days! Silvia, is everything ready?! Why aren't you yelling at people!? What if it's not ready in time? Or Maxon has second thoughts? Or even worse, we get snowed in and can't make it to the wedding chapel! Than there'd be no wedding!"

"You wanted to have the wedding in the gardens in the first place," Silvia pointed out.

"But were not! We're having it at the chapel!" I stressed. "Oh my god? Should we have had it in the gardens!"

"Calm down, America. I am going to assure you that everything will be alright Silvia style," Silvia assured me. "Hand me my clipboard."

I retrieved it from her desk and set it in her hands.

"Now America. I always face you so that 1) I intimidate you and 2) so that you can't see my clipboard. So it is a great honor to see what I'm about to show you," Silvia informed me before turning the clipboard towards me.

It was a long checklist with 3 squares next to each event on the list.

"Let me explain. Each event is one of the things that needs to happen before or for the wedding.  I check Box #1 when the director begins to do there given task. I check box #2 during the half way mark when I know that they are at a sufficient point in there assignment. And I check box #3 when they are done with the task. Today I check box #2 and in order to keep your sanity, you can come with me."

"Okay," I smiled. "Let's go."

~oOo~

"Delia!" Silvia called as we entered the kitchen. I waved at Lucy as she passed than straightened up.

"Silvia!" Miss Delia gasped, rushing over to greet her. "What are you doing here?"

"Checking on the food of course," Silvia laughed.

She seemed kind of care free at that moment. I realized it was because she was with someone on her level where she didn't have to struggle to be better. With the people she teaches or directs she has to be better, place herself on a higher pedestal than there's. With people above her she has to create an air about her than tells you that 'even though your position is  higher than hers she is still in charge'.  Like with me.

But with Delia, and most of the other people we would be meeting today, they were equals. Delia was the director of cooking and the kitchen staff. Silvia was the director of etiquette and order in the palace. Equals.

Delia and Silvia chattered about this and that for a second before Delois's eyes flickered to me.

"Oh my," she mumbled quietly before curtsying. "My apologies, your majesty. I didn't see you there."

"No problem. I'm not a queen yet so there is no need to treat me any different than anyone else?" I smiled.

"Yes but you are the princess of Carolina," She said, looking truly ashamed of herself.

"But I'm not the princess of Illea. So if you and I are both in Carolina at the same time before the wedding you can bow to me. But I find that highly unlikely so don't fret about it."

She smiled thankfully at me before turning back to Silvia. "So what do you need, Sil?"

"I already told you. I'm checking on the food recipes, preparation, and the cake.," Silvia said reading off her list.