Chapter 32

Hey guys. A short authors note before we get into the chapter. I would like to give you guys the list of what I call Americas official "Heartbreak Playlist". So if you guys have liked the music suggestions I've made in the past, listen to them.

Just a fool- Savannah Outen

Amnesia-Alexi Blue

Words- Skylar Grey

Fix a heart-Savannah Outen

Elastic heart- Madilyn Bailey

Part of me- Madilyn Bailey

Hope you enjoy those songs! Now for the chapter

"I can't Believe your making me do this!" I whined as I sat with Maxon on a bench in the gardens at his house.

"Why are you so against this?" Maxon asked me.

"Okay. Well...I don't know. Just off the top of my mind...last time we had an engagement ball I was publicly humiliated," I reminded him.

"Um...actually I'm the one who was publicly humiliated. You said no to me In front of half the country," Maxon argued.

"Same difference," I laughed nervously.

"Uh huh," he rolled his eyes and kissed me quiet. Which was good because if he didn't I would of said more stupid stuff.

I was pelted in the head with a rock and pulled back from Maxon.

"Get a room you two!" A voice called from the balcony. I already recognized it as Delancy who was staying here until her flight back to Carolina.

"We would if there were any out here!" I called back and went back to trying to make out with my fiancé.

Another pellet hit my head and I pulled back.

"Why does she have such good aim," I grumbled.

"I looked outside for a view and that's not the view I wanted to see!" Delancy yelled.

"Just ignore her," I told him and reached up
to kiss him again.

"America!" Delancy screamed pelting me with another rock.

"Ugh!" I groaned.

I grabbed a much larger rock from besides me and threw it up at the balcony.

That shut her up.

~oOo~

I opened the door to Maxons smiling face and I couldn't help but smile too.

I reached on to my tippy toes and gave him a kiss. "I missed you."

"I kissed you," he rhymed.

"I wished you.....would stop rhyming," I said smiling.

"Anything for you my dear ."

He offered me his arm and I tucked my hand around it. We fit together like pieces of a puzzle and all I could do was lean my head against his shoulder.

I had missed this.

"You look beautiful, by the way," Maxon commented.

I looked down and smiled. I was wearing another one of Queen Amberley's old dresses. It had a bedazzled bodice that lead down into a tight baby pink skirt. There was a layer of baby pink chiffon that flowed behind me as I walked, counteracting the tight mermaid dress.

"Thank you. It's your moms," I laughed, fiddling gently with the skirts of the dress.

"Well it looks so much better on you," he said kissing my cheek.

I pushed him away playfully. "Your just trying to get back into my good graces."

"I wouldn't want my fiancé to be  angry with me at our engagement ball."

"Our second engagement ball," I laughed. "I just...I know people are going to have there opinions and I can't let them get to me. That's just easier said than done," I mumbled.

He wheezes my hand reassuringly. "I will be right here beside you the whole time."

"Thank you," I smiled.

"Um America....were at the doors now. We sort of have to go in," he. Murmured into my ear.

"I know," I sighed "I'm going. Who is going to be there?"

"No one that you need to fuss over. A couple families from the academy. Important advisors. I think my moms family may be here and the Italian Princess."

"Princess Nicoletta? What's she doing in Illea?"

"Just visiting, but she was dying to meet you," He explained.

"Wonderful," I said sarcastically.

"Hey you should be happy about that. She wants to meet you no matter what she had heard that you've done."

I nodded. "Okay. Let's go in."

The two guards pulled open the door and we made our way into the room. It was no large or important event when we came in, no one really noticed. Except a very loud, very Italian, princess!

"Prince Maxon! Princess America!" Princess Nicoletta exclaimed holding up a glass of wine.

Maxon steered me gently over to her direction

"Nicoletta, how lovely to see you again!" Maxon greeted giving her a side hug so that he didn't have to let go of my hand.

Sadly this made Nicolette suspicious. So she followed his right arm down to wear it was holding hands with my left hand and her eyes bugged.

"The ring! It's so beautiful! So big, bright and shiny!" She commented.

""Thank you your highness."

"Please call me Nicoletta. We are to be allies as soon as you two are wed!" Nicolette told me. "And I must be invited to the wedding because Italians will make it one heck of an after party!"

She air kissed my cheek before waking away. She stood up onto a chair than onto a table, so that she could shout something to the crowd. She held up her wine glass in a toast.

"Who wants more wine!!!"

HELP!!!!!!HELP!!!!!!HELP!!!!!!!!HELP!!!
I need ideas for this story! You'll probably all say have them get married or have a baby! Or something like that! But that's not what I'm looking for! I need something to happen between now and the time they get married. So please give me some really cool ideas that I'll love! I'm open to anything! Please comment millions and millions of ideas down below till I have too many ideas to choose from!!!!! Each and every one of you should submit at least 5 ideas so that this story Never has to have a boring moment!

XOXO 😘
                  Hhhhhh05