Chapter 22

Maxons Pov

"May!" I called. "I know you probably don't like me very much..."

"I don't like you at all!" She yelled.

"May! Who is it!" I heard in the background.  It was The queen. Kenna.

"It Doesn't matter. He was just leaving," May stated.

"No I'm not!" I yelled

There was some arguing and rustling around before finally the door was pulled open.

"Your majesty!" Kenna gasped.

"Why are you still here?" May asked, snootily.

"May," Kenna scolded. "Remember your manners. We don't know what he's done to America, so we can't judge."

"I can," she mumbled. "She came home crying, covered in mud and rain. She hasn't eaten a full meal in who knows how long. She is as skinny as a stick.  And this is the first time she left her room!"

"I need to see her! I have to talk to her!" I yelled, desperately.

"You Don't deserve to talk to my sister," may said speaking only the truth. "Besides, she is not here."

I sunk to the ground. I'm too late. She has left to get away from me. Probably to live with some distant cousin in Scotland.

As if reading my mind, May spoke again. "Don't flatter yourself. She is only on a business trip with my dad."

"To the palace," I whispered, piecing the puzzle together.

"Bingo!" May laughed bitterly. "She isn't here, so you can leave now."

"May. Keep your temper in check or should I remind of your place. He is the prince," Kenna whispered heatedly.

"It's no problem, you highness," I sighed putting my head in my hand. "I deserve it."

Kenna smoothed the back of her dress down as she sat down next to me. "What did you do to my sister?"

"She thinks I'm cheating on her."

"Why does she think that?" Kenna asked.

"I was out late with another girl," I admitted.

"Prince Maxon, do you love my sister, truly and ilhonestly."

"More than anything.

"And I can say that she still loves you. America wouldn't mope around her room for just anyone. She loves you," Kenna assured me.

"I can't believe I've ruined this," I groaned

"Get a grip Maxon!" May yelled as she sat on the other side of me. "If you love America, your gonna fight for her. You are going to stay here, and when she marches back into this place, your going to Make her feel like the only girl in the world. So stand up and act like a man!"

I stood up and straightened my suit. "Where do I stay?"

"Americas room," she stated.