Chapter 12

I sighed when Kriss finally walked away with a hair flip to my face.

"Thank you so much for lying for me Maxon," I thanked him.

"Who said I was lying, Partner," Maxon laughed.

"You don't have to do that Maxon," I laughed nervously. I really wanted him to but he probably didn't want to.

"But I want to," Maxon told me.

I smiled at him.

"Well than who am I to deny my prince?" I laughed. " how about we meet in the music room this afternoon?"

Maxon shook his head. "Everyone will be there tonight and probably fit the rest of the weekend since it's Friday. We will need to stay somewhere more secluded. Where no one else will be."

"I don't really know any private place to practice music," I sighed.

"don't worry. I do," Maxon said cryptically and went back to his breakfast.

~oOo~

I opened my door for Maxon that night.
He smiled and walked in. "Good. You wore something warm. Smart."

"Where are we going?" I asked for the millionth time.

He just shook his head and put his finger to his lips in the classic secret motion.

Where in the whole great province of Angeles could Maxon be taking me!

Maxon led me out of the building and we began walking. It was silent and I had to try really hard to trust Mister Information over there. Or better yet, lack of information because he wouldn't tell me anything. It was infuriating. I wanted to know.

We had been walking for at a hand hour now and I was starting to get antsy. "If were going to walk for so long why didn't we just take a car," I finally asked.

"Because we just couldn't. And we're here," Maxon sighed.

It could be way darker than it was now. Pitch back even. But I would always recognize this building.

"Oh my god, Maxon. You toon me to the palace!" I hissed. He just smirked and nodded. I couldn't believe him or myself. How had I not seen this coming. He's the prince.

Maxon walked up to the gate and I hesitantly followed. He typed in a code and the huge gates opened. Immediately two guards stood by us.

"Ah. Nijel and Noah. How have you two been?" Maxon asked casually.

They nodded and bowed. "Your Highness."

Maxon leaned into me like he was telling some great secret. "I can ask them anything and they will always reply with your majesty.

I was stop shocked from where I was and just followed Maxon as he entered a garden. It was beautiful. With close and vibrancy I could see even in the dark. It was magical. Especially with the stars shining down. I smiled.

Maxon led us through it and into the palace. I froze immediately. The palace was amazing. The floors are all hard marble and the ceilings were covered in large chandeliers. There were plants and paintings and benches. I could only imagine how much if cost to furnish this room, none the less the whole castle. That couch probably costs the sane as my old house.

Queen Amberley suddenly appeared. "Maxon. Is that you dear. Oh America too."

"We are here to work on a school project," Maxon explained. She nodded, gave us both a hug, then let us be.

Maxon led me down endless hallways until he stopped in front of an open door. I stepped in and gasped. There were every instrument you could imagine all squished into this one room. Not really squished though the room was huge. But you get the point.

I ran to the piano and sighed in contentment once I had played a couple keys. "This is beautiful."

He went and sat next to me. "What kind of song should we write?" Maxon asked.

"Not country," I said firmly. I

"I agree."

I laughed.

He laughed with me.

"How about a.......love song?" He asked.

"We could do that," I said a little breathlessly. "Have either of us been in love before though?"

"I think i might know a little thing about it," he murmured.

"Me too," I whispered quietly. "Were gonna need three verses. A bridge. A chorus. And of course a melody that the lyrics go to."

Maxon nodded.

"What if we have a melody like this?" I prepped my fingers and played a short little snip bit of the melody I was thinking of. "And later we can make it go faster and change it a bit, like this." I played the faster melody.

"I thinks that's great. I don't know much about music though."

"You can sing right?" I joked.

"I like to think I'm an okay singer," he laughed. I laughed too.

"So lets work on the first verse of lyrics," I stated. I handed him my notebook. "You write the lyrics. I'll play."

I kept thinking of Maxon. He was my first kiss and what I like to think as my closest thing to a love interest. I thought of are almost kiss on the dance floor. And him holding me in the street last night.

When you hold me in the street
And you kiss me on the dance floor
I wish that it could be like that
Why can't it be like that
Cause I'm yours

I replayed the melody for Maxon, but with those lyrics I just created.

"That's amazing. How did you come up with those?" Maxon asked.

"Um......" I wasn't going to tell him that he inspired it. "It just came to me."

~oOo~maxons pov~oOo~

I kept thinking of America and wanted to hit myself in the head. Why was I thinking of her. Why wasn't I thinking of Daphne. 'Because you didn't love her' a little voice in my head whispered.

I thought of how she wanted me to sneak out this morning and was so angry when i was caught by a gossip butterfly named Stephanie. Why does she want us to stay behind closed doors. I also thought of her walking out of her closet this morning. She looked so devastatingly beautiful. The girl was trying to kill me. But just hanging out with her will never be enough, but I don't think she's interested in me.

We hide behind closed doors
Every time I see you, I die a little more
Stolen moments that we steal
As the curtains fall
It'll never be enough

I sang this under my breath. Not really for America to hear, but just to hear how it sounds. Apparently she heard.

"Maxon that's great. You're a natural song-writer," she applauded.

"Thanks."

"Your welcome."