A New Start (Young James x Lily)

Warning: none
Words: 386

Lily's POV

I couldn't believe it! Finally, I was at Hogwarts. Ever since I could remember, I knew I was different. Looking at Severus, I noticed he was staring at me so I smiled.

"Can you believe it Severus? We're finally at Hogwarts!" I squealed out, happy to be away from my sister, who only saw me as a freak. He grabbed my hand and smiled softly. "Of course Lily. I get to be here with my best friend!" Smiling, we walked off of the train once it stopped and to a giant like man. "Hello ev'ryone, I'm Hagrid. Follow me this way ter the boats, hurry up now." With that, we piled on the boats by the black lake.

*skip to sorting hat.(sorry I'm lazy right now (update: all the time~June'20))*

"Lily Evans" Professor McGonagall called. I walked forward and sat on the stool, excited to get sorted. Please be Gryffindor. Please be Gryffindor.

The hat seemed to come alive and started talking in my head. 'Are you sure you want to be in Gryffindor? You could always be in Ravenclaw, you're very smart indeed. Or even Slytherin, very cunning. But Gryffindor might suit you better, you're brave and will do anything to stick up for what you believe.'

With that, the hat shouted out "GRYFFINDOR!" A table full of scarlet and gold erupted into cheers and clapped as I walked over. Sitting next to a boy with brown hair, I turned to the rest of the sorting and saw Severus get sorted into this house with green and silver. Must be Slytherin. I'm happy for him.

A voice broke me out of my thoughts. I turned to the boy with brown hair who had his hand out for me to shake. "Hi I'm James Potter." I smiled as I grabbed his hand, feeling small sparks erupt. Giving his hand a firm shake, I smile. "Lily Evans." We smiled at each other before turning to our feast after the last first year got sorted.

I'm happy I'm at Hogwarts, maybe this is where my new future is. This is A New Start.

HEY EVERYONE. SORRY IF THIS IS BAD BUT YA KNOW, DON'T CARE. IM STILL TAKING REQUESTS AND YEAH, LOTS OF LOVE TO YOU GUYS. Xx ~ MBear