🍃CHAPTER THIRTY (The wedding)🍃

I didn't fall in love with her naked body but her naked soul. It has scars similar to mine.

Five years after..

When two months ago an invitation card came to my door. I didn't expected it to be of my two best friends. And yet here on the beach of Ireland I am standing wearing a beige coloured long bridesmaid dress. Scratch that. Maid of honor.

It is the wedding day

It is the wedding day. Of Juliet and Caleb. My Caleb. If I tell you that I stopped loving him five years ago that will be a lie. I have moved on but my heart is still in the small town of Ridgewood. In the park under the tree.

So when I got the invitation and the card the ache after years appeared. I will always be a friend of them. So they specially told me to come as I am gonna be the maid of honour. So here I am. The wedding music played.

She wore her most precious smile as she walk down the aisle, a bouquet of flowers be wrapped around by her hand. Through the veil which covers her face, the unshed tear of pure bliss and beatitude were evident, making everyone see that a fairy tale ending was on its making.

She passed by, regally, with a obvious sense of eagerness to be with her King.

And he was there,on the other end looking tall and gratified,as he watched the gentle and slow gaits that she made to narrow the gap in between. He has all his eyes on his bride..the love of his life,his forever.

I couldn't stop myself watching the wondrous scene as tear began to gather in my eyes. It damn hurt..so much knowing that it could have been me wearing the gown walking towards him. I met him first,knew everything about him first, fell foolishly in love with him first. His sweetness,the way he cared about me made me feel important, significant in his life.

He was there always, coming in when the world has gone out;he was the wall I could lean on when I was already on the brink of falling apart. it dawned in me,that maybe,maybe he is in love with me too.

Yet it was all in my mind since the beginning of 'our story'. In my dreams he was my king but in his dreams he was king to another queen. He met her,knew her,got close to her and fell in love with her. And the damn truth tore me apart. It devastated me. As my blurred eyes lingered on them,their hands enterwined infront of the alter.

I couldn't stop myself from asking the million what ifs. What if I told him? What if he knew? What if he never met her? What if i wasn't just a plain...best friend.