🍃 EPILOUGE 🍃

All I need is someone whose heart's chaotic symphony can make my demons dance to its tune.

Caleb's POV

Five years later..

"Daddy,Daddy Angel is not letting me play with her Batman." My 5 year old son told me. I was doing some work in my laptop.

I looked up at both of them. I called my 4 year old daughter. "Angel, don't be rude and let Elais play with you too. He is your big brother". I said in a calm tone.

She pouted and after wiggling her eyebrows she sighed and let him play with her. Just like her mother.

Its been a year after I and Juliet got separated. She didn't love me anymore and she got tired of waiting every night because i got too busy in work. Those were her reasons to leave me. I loved her enough to let her go.

She has the custody of children and I get to meet these bundle of happiness only on Sunday. So every Sunday I bring them both to the park where I and Angel.. Sienna used to come before Juliet came. Now that I realised I did changed a lot. Its seems such a distance memory. I wish I could change things. But I can't. And I regret it.

Sienna is now a very successful neurosurgeon. She is perfect in her work. People say her hands heal things. I do believe it is true. She healed mine heart without even touching.

She is now engaged to that weirdo loser from high school ,that fucking Kaden. I guess she is happy and I am happy for her too. We hardly talk over the phone. Both of us have work to do. World to change. Although we never missed any Christmas or Thanksgiving. Reunion for all of us.

And I did got to know who the girl was on prom night. It was shocking when I got to know that it was angel. My beautiful angel. God, I wished I would have known that. Things would have changed. For better.

You see, six month ago, before the wedding of my sister Kayla with Matt, Sienna's brother. I went to Sienna's house to pick up some suits for the best man.

Angel was not there. She had yet to arrive. When I asked her mother where the suit were she directed me to her room. I went there. To my surprise when I was going to pick up the suits my eyes felt on the photos of her in the small wooden rack.

There were many photos of her. She looked cute in her childhood photos. But the last one caught my eye. It was a photo of the prom night. There were 3 girls standing. The middle one who was wearing an aqua blue dress caught my eye. Then I recognized that it was sienna. She kissed me. I kissed her. And it was the best kiss of my life. My existence.

I didn't asked her. Because that was,years ago. And things have changed. And she for the first time in years she was happy just the she was. And it saddened me more that the reason was not me.

"Look Daddy what I found". Angel came and tugged my shirt.

I looked at her hands. She is holding a brown box, covered in soil. I narrowed my eyes. It could be a fatal substance.

"Put that down, Angel". I said.

"But daddy, its my treasure box". She said.

"Come on, sugar. Where did you find it?" I said.

She pointed towards the tree". I was digging for treasure box when I got this. "She said.

"Angel, look what I found." Her brother called her and she ran to him.

I hold the box. It is rusted. It seems like for years it had been buried. Curiosity got on my way and I opened it. There were letters. Neatly folded letters .Lot of them.

I removed the letters out of the box. A single smudge paper fell down. I got down and picked it. My eyes widened when I recognized it. Its a drawing which I made at the time of Lily's death. What the hell is it doing here. What are all these letters?

There is only one way to know. I decided to open the letters. Although I know its invasion of someone's privacy. But as it is somehow related to the sketch I made I decided to read it when I reach my apartment.

I stacked the letters in the box again. But a shiny object caught my eye. I took it out. Its a bracelet. Wait a minute its the same bracelet I gave to angel on her birthday. How did it came here. Nothing is mixing up. I couldn't wait to go home and read. I opened the first letter and read.

Dear Caleb.....

***

I read each and every letter. By the time I reached her 745th letter. I was crying. I didn't cried this much when lily died or Juliet left me. It's the pain I have never felt before. Its fucking so much that she loved me and I didn't see it. I was so blind in my selfish so called love that I fucking made her this miserable.

She loved me so much. She was the girl who was in the shadow that night. Only if she had told me once. But she fucking tried on the night of her birthday. And I ruined it. I fucking fell in love with her best friend. She lifted me up from the darkness and I pushed her in there.

I gave her pain. Yet she smiled. How strong she could get. I wished she would have told me. I wish I could have admit my feelings for her. I wish I would have realised a bit earlier. And now I fucking realise that I loved this girl. I always have. I always will.

So I decided to call her. To tell her how much I loved her too.

I dialled her number. No I can't be this selfish with her. She is finally happy. I can't ruin that. I decided to hang up when someone picked up.

"Hello?" She said.

I couldn't stop myself from crying. I am a fucking Coward. Why did I let her go.

"Um..sorry wrong number " I said.

"Oh, okay" She said.

And then I cried again." Yeah". I said in a muffled voice and hanged up.

And that's how the story of the monster and his angel or the dark prince and his broken girl ended.

Now the story has ended. For me it has ended. Its open ending. You could imagine whatever you want. Thank you for being with me all these times. I love you all.
Thanks all of you.