April

As I walked down the hallways of the new high school, I finally reached my locker. After struggling to open the cursed thing, I finally got the rusted lock to unhinge. Only then to have some kid get slammed into me and have my locker door close. 

'Dammit! I just got it open!' ,I thought.

 "H-hey! You punks!" Yelled the toothless kid who was shoved into me. As I watch the 3 jocks head down the hallway, I noticed the toothless kid open my locker back up. 

"How did you do that?!" I ask amazed. 

"These cheap ass lockers could be opened by a three year old." he says while shifting his bag. 

"Right...are you ok?" I ask, still a little troubled about how this kid just got shoved into the wall.

"Psh! Like anything could hurt the one and only Casey Jones! Those jerks just didn't know who they were messing with." He smirked. 

I rolled my eyes as I finished putting my things away and shut my locker. After turning away and heading down the hallway, I hear her Casey yell from behind me.

"Hey, wait up!" As he jogged up to my side, he asks, "You're new here right? Got a name?"

"Yea, um, it's (y/n)." I say and turned a corner. 

"That's cool, hey, you need to know something, Casey Jones is your man." He said pointing to himself. As I half listened to him talk, I looked down at my papers to see which class I had first. 

"You know, I could als- HEY! RED!" He yelled mid sentence. I looked up to see who he was talking to and froze. I-I don't believe it. It was her. 

April.

She was at a locker talking on a weird circular green phone. Her red hair was pulled into a pony tail like always and she still seemed to like the color yellow. I remember that was her mom's favorite color since she passed. April turned to look at Casey and turned towards me. Eyes widened, she puts away her phone and ran towards us.  As we embraced, she cried, "(Y/N)!! What?! How are you here?!".

"H-hey April." I say softly. "It's...been awhile." 

Casey leaned against the wall and whispered to us two, "Um, am I missing something here?"

"Oh! Casey, this is my old best friend (y/n)." April said, wiping a tear from her eye. 

"We met." I said, shuffling and looking around nervously at the staring peers. 

"Back to my questions, why are you here?!" she asked with curiosity in her eyes. 

"Um, business reasons?" I say leaning back from her. "Oh, sorry. I just can't believe you're here! Here, we'll walk you to your next class." she says as she holds my arm in hers.

Throughout the whole day, April and Casey had been a big help with my classes. They told me who the fun teachers were and who to stay away from, for example the librarian. As the last bell rings, I head back to my locker to gather up my things. As I walk closer to my locker, I see April and Casey there waiting for me. I noticed they were huddled together listening to the green phone April had earlier.

As I walk closer, I hear April talking to the phone. "Wait, there are what? Slow down, we can't hear you Mikey. We'll be there in a sec." she says and puts the phone away. As they look at each other with worried faces, I touch April's shoulder. Startled, she jumped back and did a self defense pose. 

"Oh, (y/n)! Sorry, I didn't knw you were behind me." she says while gathering the books she dropped. 

"Oh, sorry for scaring you. Is everything okay?" I ask. 

"Uh, yea! Everything is fine! Listen, we can't walk you home though, we, uh, have toooo-", "Run errands for my grandma!" Casey interjects.

"Uh, yea! Casey's grandma is a MAJOR cat woman and we have to get her more cat food." April says. 

"Oh, that's fine."  I say as I put my things in my bag. "Um, but, tomorrow, for sure we'll get to hang, k?" Aprils says. 

"Yeah! Sure!" I reply with a smile. 

"Alright Casey, let's go get your crazy grandma some cat food." April says while hurrying through the crowded halls. 

"See ya!" Casey says and follows April in the same manner.

'Hmm, something is up.', I think and head out.

On the way home, I go over about how much April has changed. Back then, she was quiet and kept to herself, but now, she was friends with everyone. She turned into the teenage girl everyone wants to be and wants to be with. However, the one thing that hasn't changed from the old days, was how bad she was at lying.