Welcome Back

It's been a few days after your reunion with Donnie. You lay upon your bed staring at the ceiling, trying to contain your happiness.

A vibrations erupts from under your pillow, signaling you got a text. You reach into the cool space and look at the cracked screen.

Donnie: Hey (Y/n)! We're having a little party down here in the lair tonight. Would you like to come?

You smile and was about to reply, until another message popped up.

Donnie: Do you don't have to also! Just whatever you're comfortable with! Don't feel pressured into going just because I asked.

You laugh at his message and reply.

You: I would love to go!

Donnie: Oh really? Great! I'll pick you up at 8!

You giggled and threw your phone back under the pillow. You flip off the bed and head to the closet. Opening the doors, you scanned through the multiple clothes and chose your fit.

You're father's work had a company retreat for the weekend, so they agreed to let you stay home during that duration. Luckily, this gave you the chance to do whatever.

You had lied in your bed most of the morning, so lunch time was just in a few minutes. You called up April and invited her to your place to eat. Instantly replying back, she agreed to come. 

You spent rest of the 8 hours talking and laughing about random stuff. Either talking about the horror movies or things that have happened with school. As the laughter died down, you shifted on the couch, a question coming to mind.

"Hey April? Um, could you tell me how I got to meet Donnie again the first time after I moved here?" you asked, a slight blush crossing your face just thinking about him.

April slightly smiled then turned her head towards the TV. The masked murderer just had killed his third victim, almost reaching the climax of the movie. 

"Sure...um..where do I start? Heh. So i guess it was right after you moved back. Casey and I were helping the guys with the Kraang, and our meet-up spot was an abandoned apartment complex. The only place they could be out in the open during daylight."

You listened intently, imagining the whole surrounding place as she explained the crashed in roof and pigeon feathers scattered among the rubble. 

"Well, at least thats what we thought would be a good spot to hide, but a curious cat walked in." She said. 

You gasped a little and leaned closer. "Who was it?" 

April laughed and pushed you back, "You dummy!" You join in with her laughter until she stopped.

April then had a sadden look on her face, still staring at the TV and not making eye contact with you.

"(Y/n), im sorry." She said.

You looked at her questioningly, wondering what she could mean by it. "For what?"

She shifted uncomfortably and finally faced you. "When you first came back, I wasn't so nice to you the first few days."

You were taken aback, confused on what she did in the past to you and why. Not saying anything, you wait for her to keep talking, which takes a few seconds.

A tear falls from one of her eyes and she takes a breath. "When you were gone for all those years and I met the guys after, I don't know what I was doing. I felt like I belonged somewhere. After losing my mom and my dad changing, I guess I didn't get the attention I wanted. That was until..." her words trailed off as she looked up at the window.