When We Were Young

(Interesting facts about 7 year old (y/n)).

-She is not afraid to speak her mind or ask sensitive questions/talks a lot, like, a lot

-She is quite adventurous/curious

-She is an only child yet somehow knows how to get a baby to stop crying

---------------------------------------------------------

-8YearsAgo-
"Goodnight (y/n). Sweet dreams." My parents say and close my door. As they left me in the dark, I turn my head to look out the window. My room had the perfect view of the city. I could feel my eye lids getting heavier until I heard a crash come in from outside. Being my curious self, I got up and hoped it would be a stray cat. Lifting my window and climbing outside onto the fire escape, I look down to find the cat.

"Ahh,there you are. Kitty kitty kitty." I whispered. I failed to get it's attention since the cat seemed to be walking towards something. I looked to see where is was headed and saw a small shadow huddled in the corner. Trying to focus my eyes in the dark, I hear the shadow whimper.

'Oh no, they're scared!' I then quickly lower the ladder and climb down into the alleyway. As I stepped closer to the shadow, they freeze and are suddenly quiet. "What's wrong?" I asked. After no answer, I picked up the stray and petted it. "It's okay, we won't hurt you. Are you alright?"

"Umm...yes." I hear. He sounded like a boy. I step a little closer to get a good view of him until he says. "Don't come n-near me." As he said that, I sat right down where I was. I watch him for a few moments, until I realized he had really pretty reddish brown eye color. Wanting to know more about him, I started to ask questions. "What's your name? My name is (y/n). Nice to meet you." I said, holding my hand out. I see the boy shuffle around a little until he eventually shook my hand. "D-Donnie."

I realized his hand wasn't normal. Instead of 5 fingers, there were 3. Wanting to be able to see him more, I pulled onto his hand to where he fell into the light. I gasped when I saw he wasn't normal. There was a shell on his back and his whole body was green. I stood up quickly and backed away. But as I did so, he looked up at me with teary scared eyes. "I'm s-sorry. I didn't mean to be s-so rough." I apologized. The cat wriggled in my arms and jumped down to get nearer to Donnie. "Ah!" Donnie screamed and backed away from the cat. "Oh! You're scared of the cat? He won't hurt you. Here, I'll help." I say and shoo off the grey animal.

I watch the cat run off into the quiet street and look back to Donnie. He pulled himself into a small ball and wasn't moving. "A-aren't you s-scared of me?" he asked. I giggled at the thought of the small green turtle boy trying to scare someone. "No. I'm not scared of anything. Last year during Halloween, I walked through the whole haunted house by myself and did not once get scared." I said triumphantly. He looked up in amazement and blushed. "Huh? What's wrong? Are you cold? Wait here, I'll be back." I said and ran back to the ladder.

When I came back to give Donnie the blanket, he had already left.

-Time Skip-

A few days have past since I had last seen Donnie. I never told my parents about it since I knew they would freak out, so I kept him as my little secret.

As I was getting ready for bed one night, I looked out my window hoping to see Donnie again. But to no avail, he wasn't there. "Hmph. Fine. If he won't come back, then I'll find him." I said. I prepared my bag and waited until my parents were asleep. Once I was sure they were, I got ready by putting on regular clothes and shoes, then left my room by climbing out the fire escape.

My first decision was to follow the road towards the park. While I hummed a little theme song to make the journey more fun,  I ended up at the park. 'Maybe he is hiding here.' I thought and headed towards some bushes. As I whispered Donnie's name, I heard someone muttering to themselves closer to the play ground. 'Oh no, I hope its not a hobo.' I thought.