Confession

-3rdPOV-

The night was cold, but having your parents with you on both sides gave you warmth. Everyone was out enjoying themselves, having fun with their first days of winter made you realize how fast the year had gone by, making you wish time would slow down so you could enjoy this moment of pure bliss.

"Well, that place was the best! Hun, your colleagues would love to dine there someday, don't you think!" your mother says to your dad, who was a little tipsy from the saki. "Hm? Oh yea! Sure honey!" he said and burbed. You giggled at his drunkenness gazed at the two. 

You felt a buzz in your jeans and took out your phone, falling back behind your parents so they wouldn't see the turtle shaped device. You turned it on to see you had a text message from Donnie, causing your heart to quicken, longing to be with him and tell him your feelings. Opening it, you see he had sent you an address that seemed unfamiliar to you. You smiled, taking this as a sign that he wanted to meet up. Wondering when he wanted to meet, a new text popped up saying 'Tonight.', as if he heard your thoughts and responded.

You send him a smiley face and an 'ok' hand, pumped up that this would be the night. You put your phone back and tap your mom on her shoulder. "Hey, April texted me and wondered if we could study together. And if it gets too late while i'm there, I could sleep over at her place?" you ask, biting your lip to see if she would believe you. She looks down at you and looks towards your dad who was sheepishly smiling at the sky. She smirked and smiled down at you. 

"Sure. Just text me when you're going to bed." she said and patted your head. You jumped up excitedly and hugged her. "Thank you! I'll head home first and pack. I probably already be gone by the time you guys get there. Bye and goodnight!" you say and wave as your ran ahead. You hold onto your front jacket and try to calm your heart. 'You got this (Y/n). No backing down.' you think to yourself and keep running down the street.

After getting home and packing for the "sleep over", you decided to be adventurous and head out the window. Opening it, a breeze blew into the bedroom, blowing your hair softly off your shoulders. You step out onto the fire escape located outside your window and stand there, looking over the city. In the distance the many buildings showed the hundreds of people going with their lives and the multiple car lights the seemed to move slowly in the distance, but somehow the metal jungle seemed silent. Not a single car drove on the road near you and only few people were out walking either alone or with their loved one. You close your eyes listen to the silence and let out a sigh, hoping one day one of those couples would be you and Donnie.

You giggle at your thoughts and open your eyes, shifting your bag on your back as you smile to yourself. You head down the steps and slowly let the ladder lower to the ground. After climbing the cold bars, you head to the address Donnie had sent you. Figuring the best way to get there was by train, so you head strait for the nearest subway. 

After having to gamble multiple times on which train car didn't have the night weirdos and being cat called by guys on the street, you finally reach your destination. You look around and notice it oddly looked like the area where you had to hide from Karai, making you wonder if it was Karai that sent the message. You set your bag down and check your phone to see if you had gotten the right place.

'Well, I guess this is it? Wonder why Donnie picked here to meet?' you think to yourself and lean against the wall, then quickly back off after smelling something funny. After a few minutes of waiting, you check you phone and debate whether to call Donnie or not. 'Hmm, I don't want to seem too desperate...but it has been a while.' you think and dial his number. You listen to the phone ring a few times and then suddenly hear an answer.

"D-Donnie. Hey! I was just uh, wondering where you were. I'm here waiting at the...place you sent me. Um, are you almost here orrr?" you say and wait for an answer. For a few seconds there wasn't an answer, until you heard a small grunt. "Hello? Can you hear me?"