Yuh!

When your alarm goes off, you knew it was game time. Cue the Edgar Wright movie scenes where you hit the shower, blow dry your hair, put on clothes, stuff your bag with things you need, throw the bag over your shoulder, and head out the front door.

Seeing that it was 8am on a Saturday, personally being 3-5 hours too early, you knew April would have already been up by now. Walking over to her old apartment, you climb the stairs and made your way to her front door. As you knock, you hear faint voices inside suddenly stop as you knocked. Waiting for a few seconds, the door opens slightly and shows an older man peeking through the crack.

"Yes?" He says in a shaky voice.

"Um, hi. Mr.O'Neil, I don't know if you remember me, but I'm April's old friend. Um, from a few years ago."

"Oh! Yes. (Y/n). I heard about what happened, I'm terribly sorry." He says and looks around behind you.

You turn to see what he was looking at but only saw an empty street with a few parked cars.

"Uh, anyways, is April home? I was wanting to get help with school work." You say, turning back to him.

April's dad didn't answer and continued to look behind you, as if he knew someone was outside hiding.

"Dad, who is it?" You hear April's voice come from inside. This made him come out of his trance and look back to you.

"Oh, it's your friend (y/n)! Come inside! Don't want you out there!" As he says this, he pulls you inside and quickly shuts the door, locking all the bolts on the door and taking one last look through the window. April came up to you and gave you a warm hug.

"Hey (Y/n)! Ready for a nice day together?" April says and leads you to her room.

"Yea! But there's something I want to talk about? Also, side note. Uh, what's up with your dad?" You questioned, worried about the way he was acting.

"Oh him? Sorry, he's been anxious since the incident with the Kraa-" before she could finish, she stops herself from what she was about to say and starts to cough violently. "Sorry! *COUGH COUGH* My throats been alit- *COUGH COUGH COUGH* dry!"

You take a step back and wait for her to finish. "Dooo you want a glass of water??"

"No," she says and holds up a finger, "I think I'm done."

"Uh huh....Soooo, I know about the turtles."

After you say this, April freezes.

"And I know about how I really lost my memories, and how I was kidnapped a few times, and my parents also, and the rule that the turtles aren't allowed to see me ever again for my own safety."

April doesn't even blink as you tell her everything. Not even a slight movement of her breathing.

"April? You good? Hello?" You say and wave a hand in front of her face. She blinks a few times and looks to you.

"H-how did you find out?" She questions with a squeaky voice, not sure whether to frown or smile.

"Mikey."

"Ugh! Of course! I should have known! (Y/n)! I'm sorry for keeping this from you! I know it's not what friends do, to keep each other in the dark, but I felt like it was best." She says, almost getting teary eyed. "I truly am sorry."

You give her a smile and shrug.

"Eh, it's good to know that I didn't have a boring life. Go to school, go home, then repeat." You say and sit next to her.

"I'm actually really glad! Mikey came to me asking for help. I'm sure you already know what for."

April's expression saddens as she nods. "I figure it's about Donnie, huh? He's never really been the same after what happened."