Roof Top

As Donnie was led by Leo into the kitchen, the place seemed nostalgic. Everything was still the same, but seemed so different to the turtle. The ceiling lights were almost blinding and the smell was overwhelming. He then comes face to face with two familiar turtles sitting at the counters and weakly smiles at them.

"H-hey guys, ho-" his greeting was cut short as he was pulled into a strong embrace by Raph.

"You moron! You finally show your face, huh!" He says. Donnie smiles and returns his brothers embrace. Looking back up, he sees Mickey standing there with furrowed brows, teary eyes and crossed arms.

Donnie frowns and watches as his brother looks away. Donnie sighs and walks towards his brother. "What ever you have to say, I'm not forgiving you." Mikey mumbled, still not looking up to Donnie.

"I understand Mikey. I'm sorry for the way I treated you, you were just trying to help. I won't blame you if you won't forgive me, I wouldn't either. But thank you Mikey, for still believing in me. Everyone. Thank you." Donnie says. Mikey's bottom lip quivers as he turns to his older brother. "Okay, I forgive you!" he cries and also jumps onto Donnie. As the three were in the embrace, Leo chuckles and pats Raph's shoulder.

"We should let him eat now. I'm sure theres a lot he wants to discuss." Leo says. Mikey and Raph let Donnie go and follow them to the table. The group of brothers were finally together again.

~~~~~~~~

After being well fed and heartfelt exchanges between the brothers, Donnie returns to his lab. As discussed with his brothers, the first step to feeling better was to clean his lab. His brothers offered to help, but Donnie refused. Even after his time away from them, he still wanted to clear his mind just a little bit more. Or so what he told them.

The real reason, he just didn't trust his brothers when it came to touching his things.

An half an hour has passed of Donnie stacking papers and organizing the many glass bottles that belonged in his lab. The majority of the room was put back in place and all that was left to do was sweep and dust.

He moves over to the computer chair that sat in the middle of the room, ready to move it back to where it belonged at the desk. As he was about to touch it, he stopped and looked at the spot where (Y/n) sat the last time she came. His hand trembled as he remembered the words he said to her, and the way she must have felt.

"You need some air." Said a soothing voice at the door. Donnie turns to see Splinter. Donnie gave a small smile and shook his head.

"No, im fine."

"That wasn't a question, my son."

Donnie is then confused by his father's words, remembering clearly that their father forbidden them from entering the outside world. Splinter smiles and walks to Donnie.

"My words have startled you." He chuckles and rests his hand on Donnie's shoulder.

"My son. I've come to realize that with my actions of trying to keep my family safe, wasn't a form of protection, but of selfishness. I can't stop you all from living your lives. Even when your lives contain danger. Even so, when that danger comes, I know, that whatever you or your brothers will face, you'll have each other's back. Because that's what family is for. We be there for one another. Our love for one another is what keeps us alive."

Splinter then hugs Donnie. "Now, go get some air. I'll let you leave while I teach Michelangelo and the other two what happens when they disobey my rules."

Donnie smiles and hugs Splinter back. "You knew they left?"

Splinter pulls back and gives a sly smile. "I know everything you boys do. Plus Michelangelo doesn't know how to keep quiet."