Tools

"You gotta be kidding me!" Raph yells and throws a pillow across the room. "You're telling me she doesn't remember any of this!? Not even Donnie!?"

Mickey sat there beside you, fidgeting with his hands as Leo calmly stood there; waiting for his younger brother to settle down. "Raph. We talked about this. Because of what Karai did, (y/n)'s memories of the past few months are wiped. We just have to be patient and help her understand the situation. And right now, you're not helping the situation." 

Raph just growled in anger and sat on the couch. "So what do we do then!?" he yells and throws his hands in the air. Leo sighed and walked over to you. "We'll just have to take it slow. First, i'll explain what happened." He kneels in front of you and holds your hands. "(Y/n). Do you know why you were put into the hospital that night?"

You look at him nervously and stuttered. "Uh, I-I was told I was attacked and knocked out. But seeing the situation i'm in right now, pretty sure that's not what happened, huh?" you laugh. You slowly lose your smile, seeing that none of them found it funny. "Well, I guess I should know the truth then." 

Leo sits next to and folds his hands together. "A few months ago, a girl named Karai-"

"That bitch." scoffed Raph, interrupting Leo. The blue clad turtle looked at his younger brother, and began again. "Karai interfered with our mission to save your parents from the clutches of Shredder,-" 

"Wait! What!?" taking your turn to interrupt him. "You mean my parents were kidnapped?!" 

Leo nodded and frowned. "I believe they were taken because they were connected to you, which is connected to Donnie and us. Im sorry. That's whats been eating at Donnie this whole time, cause he feels responsible."

"Technically, he is responsible." Raph said while twirling his sai. "He was the one who got caught by Karai. Unfortunate bastard didn't know what was coming."

Leo sighs again out of frustration. "Yes, that's how Karai messed with our mission. She injected Donnie with some type of virus, causing him to lose control of himself. We didn't get there in time for the virus to actually kick in though, leading him to, well, hurt you." Leo says

"Shit, not only you, but the rest of us also. Nerd knocked Mikey and I out, and made that scar on Leo's arm!" Raph says. You look down and see the scar he was talking about. Before getting a good look at it, Leo covers it with his hand. "But in the end, we were fine. You, (y/n), got it the worst. Whatever was controlling Donnie must have known you were dear to him, which is probably why Karai targeted Donnie."

"Ah, like destroying the enemy from the inside." You say, finally understanding the situation. "Exactly. Karai's plan had worked for a moment. Donnie kept his distance and was always hiding in his lab. Anytime someone tries to talk to him, he'll just kick us out of the lab and shut himself away. Because of this, we never get anywhere close to figuring out where the Kraang are going to attack or what new plans Shredder is planning. Donnie is the brain of the family, and without him, we're not complete." Leo says sadly. "BUT, that's why we brought you back (y/n)! Figured once Donnie sees you're doing fine and he doesn't have to blame himself anymore, he can go back to normal." Mikey piped.

The whole idea of meeting the person who caused your amnesia was mind boggling. But, something deep inside said this was the right thing to do.

"Alright! I'll do it. Seems like we were great friends before, and i would like it to be that way again. Leo, i think i'm ready to see Donnie again." Leo smiles and stands, helping you up off the couch. 

The three brothers lead you to some giant metals doors; which you somehow never noticed until now. You're full attention was brought to Leo, as he slowly but with great force, opened the sliding door. Inside the area was cold and dark, as if no one had been inside the place for months. They all step in quietly, making the air seem tense and if a single noise was made, it would wake whatever monster was inside. Just as your eyes were about to adjust to the dark, the place was filled with light instantly. Everyone turned around to see Raph at the light switch. 

"So damn dark in here. Donnie! Get your ass up! Ya got a visitor!" he yelled into the room. You looked back to see the multiple table arrangements. As if the whole lab set up came strait out of a science movie and placed under the city. There were papers scattered on the floors and a computer screen was open, showing multiple folders with blueprints and coding you possibly couldn't understand. The guys walked around looking for their brother, but to no avail couldn't find him. 

"Heh, sorry (y/n). He usually doesn't leave his room, unless there is a piece missing for one of his inventions, then he goes out and scouts the city. I guess thats what happened and he didn't tell us." Leo apologizes. You nod and run your hand across one of the papers, gazing at the nice hand writing upon the multiple studies. "It's okay, I can wait." you say and smile up at them. 

When you looked up at Leo, he was leaning up against a table beside the concrete wall. Multiple tool boxes were resting on the wooden table, revealing the many metal tools. But there were two specific ones that had caught your eye. A small makeshift shelf lined the wall above the table, holding bright green colored tools. You walk over to the shelf and reach for the tools, until Leo caught your hand and gently pulled it down. 

"Woah! Sorry, uh, Donnie doesn't, I don't know, like it? When we touch his tools I mean. Well, those specifically." He says as you look at him puzzled. "Yea right! That's just an understatement. Nerd literally goes berserk if you use them to take old food out of the microwave!" Raph scoffs. "OR to peel off bubblegum and gunk off your skateboard!" Mikey adds. "And to sharpen your Sai!" Laughs Raph. "AND to-"

"OKAY! And we all learned after that to never touch Donnie's things for whatever reason. But he is a little overprotective of those two especially. I think he has some emotional connection to how he got them. He would never tell us why." Leo says. You nod and look back at the two bright handles. The feeling gave you comfort and happiness the more you looked at it, also giving you the Deja vu's for the millionth time. Out of nowhere, a major headache hit you internally. You held you head in your hands and sharply breathed in and out. "Are you alright? Do you need to sit down?" Leo asks and holds you steady.

"N-no, im fine. I probably just need a glass of water." you say and go to the chair. You fall into the cushion, causing the chair to roll back a little ways. Raph leaves for the kitchen and Mikey looks at you worried. "I'm fine guys. It's just a headache." you say to reassure them. 

"Maybe we need to take you home." Leo says. You shook your head, determined to meet Donnie again, wanting to recover all your lost memories. "No, really. I'm okay. It should go away in a few seconds." you say and slowly spin in the chair, causing a distraction for yourself from the pain. 

As you face the wall and admire the little glass bottles filled with liquid and the multiple bubbly substances, a loud bang came from behind you.

"What are you guys doing in here!?" yelled a voice. You froze, recognizing the disembodied voice. You think about it for a moment, trying to find the person who's it belonged to, but just thinking about it made your headache worse.

"Donnie! Hey bro, we just were trying to see h-" Leo tries to say, but another loud sound was made, as if metal pieces were falling onto the floor. "Save it Leo, i got work to do and you three will just get in the way." said the voice again. 

"Yo dude. We actually got something for you." Mickey says as you listen hear him walk closer to the chair you sat in. The computer screen in front of you had gone to sleep, leaving a black screen with blurry reflections of the turtles. Instead of three, there was now a fourth one that stood in the door way with multiple objects in his hands. "Really Mikey, i need all of you to get out!" yelled the voice. The reflection of Donnie was now seen pushing his brothers out of the lab and shutting the door.

As the door closed, you could faintly hear Raph on the other side as Mikey quietly laughs. "Boy is he gonna get a surprise." 

Donnie groans as he sets the metal pieces on a table with the least amount of things on it, and makes his way towards you. 'Welp, guess this is how we're going to meet.'

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As the three brothers were pushed outside of the door, the stand there and listen. "Boy is he gonna get a surprise." Raph quietly says as Mikey snickers. 

"Wait for it..."Leo says softly and counts down with his fingers. As his puts his last third down, a loud scream from Donnie could be heard from inside the lab, followed by a few crashes and breaking glass.