The Lair

My eyes adjust to the darkness and I see everyone already walking down the large tunnel. Their footsteps splashing in the stream of dirty water echoed throughout the smelly darkness. Donnie lands down besides me and starts following the others.
"Let's go (y/n). I think it's time for you to meet Master Splinter." He says and ushers me toward the others.

When he led me through the cold tunnels, we took a couple turns until we reached some subway tracks. With a worried face, I look up at Donnie while everyone else jumped off onto the tracks.

"Don't worry. The city hasn't used these tracks in years." He says helping me down. I smile at his reassurance and stuck close to him while we walked.

Eventually, a light began to form in the distance, signifying that we were almost to their home. I noticed that the coldness and stench was fading and warmth along with a faint smell of pizza started to fill the air.

As we reached the entrance, the first thing I notice was the old pinball machine in the corner. My eyes light up at the various things in the room. The punching bag in one corner, the TV set with the multiple video games stacked next to a console, and the door that led to what looked like a dojo with a tree growing in it.

Everyone spreads out to do their own things and Donnie leads me to a room in the back.
He lightly knocked on the door and waited for a response.

"Yes?" Said a voice from behind the door. "Um, Sensei. There's someone here I like you to meet." Replies Donnie.

After a moment, the door opens to reveal a humanized rat wearing robes. He looks down at me and raises a brow. "Hello." He says.

I see from the corner of my eye that Donnie was worried and was watching us. "H-hello. I-im (y/n)." I say nervously and reach out my hand. He slightly smiles and accepts my hand. "Nice to meet you. I am Master Splinter. I'm sorry, but I would like to speak with Donatello alone for a moment." He says glancing at the tense Donnie."Oh. Yes sir." I say and step out into the living room while Donnie follows Master Splinter into the room.

I see Mikey sitting in front of the TV playing video games, Leo was in the dojo, Raph was on the couch reading a comic, and April was on her laptop watching videos along with Casey.

I hear the door open back up and see Donnie leave the room with Splinter. Master Splinter walks up to me and smiles.

"Welcome to the family, (y/n). " He says and leaves. You turn to Donnie and see him smiling. "What happened?" I ask.

"Well, I had to tell him the truth. About how we first met, and how you helped us defend off the Kraang." He says.

"Aaand, you didn't get in trouble?" I question.

"Actually, yes. I have to train a few extra hours everyday and clean every room for a month." He says sadly.

"That sucks." I say trying not to laugh. He notices this and takes it to offense. "Hey, you don't know how dirty those three are! I mean, Leo may not seem like it, but he can a pig sometimes!" He says.

After he said this, I bursted out laughing. While all this was happening, I notice Leo was standing behind Donnie the whole time.

"What was that about me being a pig, Donnie?" Leo says with his arms crossed. Donnie's eyes widen and I stopped laughing. Slowly, I stepped back from what was about to happen and turned to get out of the situation.

"Hold it, (y/n). I want you to see what happens to turtles when they insult their older brother." He says.

I turn around and notice that everyone else was watching. "D! You bout to get beat!" yelled Mikey from across the room. Donnie laughs nervously and puts his hands up in defense. "Hehe, L-leo, you heard wrong!" Donnie says.