Invasion

When I arrived home, I checked my phone to see the multiple missed calls and unopened texts I had from my mom and dad. I scrolled through them and decided to call her back. After the first ring, she immediately picked up.

"(y/n)!? Oh my god! I was so worried!" she says. "Are you okay! Why didn't you answer any of my calls?" she asks. "Sorry mom. I had to run out and get some milk. I was in the subway for awhile. The store close to here has weird people working there." I lie and open the fridge door. I look at the full jug of milk and close the door, unsatisfied with the things we had.

"Okay, well next time text me when you leave. K?" she says. I nodded as if she could see me. "How is everything?" I say and flop down on the couch and stare at the ceiling.

"Well, everything has been amazing. The city is just as I imagined it to be. I wish you were here though. I miss having my baby beside me." she says. "Psh. Yea, okay." I say.

"We do miss you though. I got to go, dad took me out to a restaurant and you know how he doesn't like me talking on the phone at the table. I love you. Be safe. Ill call you later." she says and hangs up. I leave the phone on my ear and listen to the beeping. After awhile I hang up also and stay on the couch.

I start to remember about the things April had said. 'Did...did I really hurt him that much?' I think. A tear rolls down my face and I sit up. Standing and walking into my room, I change into some pajamas and make sure I had all my things for school tomorrow.

'Tomorrow...I wonder what I'm going to do about April.' I think and crawl into bed. I pull the covers over my head and silently fall to sleep in the silent cold room.

-------------------------------

The next morning, I awake to my phone alarm going off. I pick up the phone and am blinded by the brightness. Groaning, I turn off the alarm and sit up.

I take a quick shower and blow dry my hair. Finally changing into what I was going to wear that day, I leave my room and enter the kitchen.

After eating the small breakfast of an apple and piece of toast, I head out with my bag and start for school.

-----------------------------

The whole day, I tried to ignore April and focus on my studies. Occasionally Casey would ask if I was okay. When this happened, April would give a look and mouth the words, 'No one will believe you.'

I would simply respond with a yes and go on with my day.

Finally making it to last period, the announcements came on, saying there was an emergency evacuation drill.

"ATTENTION ALL STUDENTS. THIS IS NOT A DRILL. EVERYONE INCLUDING STAFF WILL NEED TO MOVE INTO THE GYMNASIUM. IF YOU CAN NOT CURRENTLY OR ARE UNABABLE TO, PLEASE MOVE TO THE CLOSEST SAFE AREA AND WAIT FOR AN ADULT TO ESCORT YOU THERE. I REPEAT, THIS IS NOT A DRILL."

The announcement repeats this 3 times and everyone starts to talk. "Settle down, you heard the announcements. Everyone into the gym. Lets go." said the teacher.

"What's going on?!" said a guy in the front. A girl beside the window starts to hyperventilate while her friends try to calm her down. "Everything is going to be fine. It won't be if everyone doesn't start moving" he says and opens the door and ushers everyone out. We didn't even get to grab our things, unless you had time to sneak your phone with you.

I follow the large crowd of students and notice April and Casey coming down the hallway away from the gym. They pass by me and seem to be concerned about something. I decided to follow them and see what they were up to.

'I wonder if this has anything to do with the guys.' I think and push past the people coming towards me. I reach the end of the crowd and see them exit a door leading outside. I run towards the door and got there before it closed. I scan the area and see that they had already gone. My phone starts to buzz and I expected it to be my mom, but instead it was a text from Donnie.

"(Y/n)! Are you somewhere safe?" he texts.

"I think so, I'm outside of the school. What's going on?" I reply and look around the place. I notice the place seemed to go quiet. The school was located near a busy street, so there were always cars or people going up and down the road. Now, the place was deserted. A few cars were parked and some had their doors opened as it they were in a hurry and didn't even bother to close them. My phone buzzes again, signaling Donnie had texted back.

"Listen. I need you to get somewhere safe. I tell you everything when this blows over, but the closest bet for you being safe would be back in the Lair. Please (y/n). I really need you to listen to me. I wouldn't want anything happening to you."

After reading the text, I reply with a quick okay and head to the closest manhole. When I step into the street, I feel my feet stop in their tracks. I feel my heart beat faster in my chest as my fear level increases. I slowly turn and look down the street, and see a giant space craft floating down the road.

I freeze at the horrifying site of the alien space ship and watch it come closer. Remembering what Donnie had said, I slowly start to walk closer to the manhole in the alley way.

When I attempt to not be seen by the aliens, a loud boom comes from them. I cover my ears and squat on the ground due to the loud noise. I hear multiple screams come from inside the school and the other buildings around me.

"(Y/n)!!" says a voice from above. I look up and see Donnie running from roof to roof. "Donnie!" I yell and stand up.

"(Y/N)!! Look out!!" I hear him yell. I turn back to the ship and see a giant claw coming towards me. I turn to run and try to escape, but the claw grabs ahold of me. It's two claws wrap around my chest and squeezes me. My breath escapes out of my body and I am unable to breath anymore air.

"Do..nie.." I gasp. "NOO!" he yells again and jumps down from the building. I see blackness start to overtake my vision my head starts feeling heavy. Before becoming blind, I notice other figures running across the roofs Donnie came from, and two other more airships coming from the other street.

As I close my eyes, the last thing I think about was how sorry I was for leaving him again.