During Those Days

-3rd Pov-

(Few weeks after the incident :p)

Leo loosens the restraints on Donnie's wrists and takes a step back. The dimmed lit room barely showed Donnie's drained and beat up expression. The dark spot had gone away on his neck and ended up bruising. He had dark circles around his eyes, and rope burns on his aching wrists. Days and nights, hours of struggling to get free from the chair, and get free from his mind, took a major toll on his body.

Raph and Mikey came up beside him and helped lifted him up. Donnie's legs wobbled as he tried to stand, not wanting to rely on his brothers after all they did for him. "I-i'm sorry guys." Donnie mutters, his throat burning from the feeling of not talking after such a long period of time. A small tear roll down his cheek, as the feeling of worthlessness fills him as he realized the burden he was putting on his brothers.

"Donnie, it's alright. Just rest." Leo says as he sets up Donnie's bed. "We're just glad you're back bro!" Mikey says and hugs him. Raph helps him lay upon the comforter and gives him a smile.

"I'm happy you're okay little brother." he says and leaves. The other two follow and close the door behind them, leaving Donnie to sleep for the first time in forever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Dream time~~~~~~~~

The tunnel was chilly as little Donnie climbs into the dark manhole quickly. His heart was almost beating out of his chest because (Y/n)'s parents were so close to seeing him.

'Hopefully she's okay.' Donnie thinks sadly as he looks up at the circular metal.

~The next night, Donnie races out into the alley. He jumps onto the ladder and starts to climb as fast as he could, until he reached (Y/n)'s window. He peeks inside the window and sees cardboard boxes everywhere in the room. The walls were bare and the bed was stripped from the colorful blankets and pillows. The door slowly opens and displays (Y/n)'s figure standing there. However, instead of seeing the small 7 year old girl, she was now a teen.

Her nose and eyes are red and tears still stream down her face. She leans against the wall and slowly falls to the floor. Bringing her knees up, as she hides her face in her shaking body. Donnie's heart aches as he sees her do this and tries to tap the window.

Oddly, there was no sound, and (Y/n)'s figure slowly fades. Donnie is now banging on the window and shouting for her to look his way. But to no avail, her ghostly figure was disappearing. Donnie's vision started to darken, as he slowly steps back from the sight. He sees his reflection now in the glass, revealing Donnie's older form also. But, his eyes were pitch black and the darkness in his veins had spread across his whole body.

Frightened by the horrifying image, he trips over his own feet and falls over the railing. The wind passes by his ears, with the faint sound of (Y/n)'s desperate cry.

Just before the ground could collide with his shell, he wakes up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Donnie's eyes shot open before he could witness the hard fall in his dream. He was soaked with sweat and fear, realising he was back inside his own room.

"(Y/N)!" Donnie mumbled, remembering the image of her crying alone. 'I have to make sure she's okay.' he pondered as he gradually stands from the bed.

His legs wobbled as he moved slowly towards the door, preparing for the long journey to you. Turning the knob and pulling back the door, April happened to be standing there ready to knock. In her other hand, she held a tray of soup and water, allowing the salty sweet scent of the soup lure Donnie into the bowl.