Beyond Ones Control

The school day had ended too fast. April had training to do with Splinter somewhere in the sewers and Casey had Hockey practise, leaving you alone at the end of the day.

"I need a hobby..." you mumble to yourself and kick a rock. As you walk on, you start to remember the events that took place the night before, when Mickey mentioned you and Donnie being together. 'Does Donnie really like me? Should we really date?' you think. As you walked, thoughts came to your mind, putting scenarios in your head of you two being a couple. Like going on dates, eating ice cream while walking together in the moonlight, and cuddling up next to him while watching a movie. Your heart quickened at the wonderful thoughts and made your face turn bright red. You feel your warm face and pat your cheeks a few times, trying to clear away the embarrassing thoughts, and also getting a few stares from the people around you.

'I mean, maybe it wouldn't be such a bad thing. Right? If he asked me out, I would be thrilled and would say immediately say yes. WAIT!! Did I just confess!?!? Do I really like Donnie! I mean, I have been thinking about him a lot lately. And he makes me laugh, makes me feel safe, and has been there for me when he doesn't have to be. He's the perfect candidate for a boyfriend, HELL, I would marry him if I could....' You look around and somehow see everything getting brighter. 'Is...is this what love feels like?' you think and smile happily. It's as if you had found another part of your self that you never thought you had, as if he was the one who brought it out of you and made you realize there's more to you than what you see.

That's until the depressing thoughts came rolling in. As your thoughts got darker, so did everything else, or it could have been a cloud moving in front of the sun. 'What if I ask him to be my boyfriend and he rejects me? What if he is still upset with me about leaving? Do I bother him too much? Am I really a burden to him to where he can't live out his normal life saving the city because he's too busy saving me?!' .

You stop in your tracks and stare at the ground. "No, he said he cared about me and would protect me. But I have to protect him also. I can't be useless and be kidnapped all the time! I got it! I'll be the one to confess. It won't hurt to try! I won't know how to fly, if I don't jump." As you say the last sentence out loud, the cloud had moved out of the sun, making everything warmer again. The people around you were now avoiding eye contact with you and leading their children away from your expressive self.'Don't pay any attention to them(Y/n), you're in love!' you think to yourself and start down the street again.

Arriving home, you call out to your parents. "I'm home!~". Your dad was sitting in the living room and your mom emerged from the hallway. "Hey hun! Sorry I couldn't see you off this morning. OH! I missed you so much!" she says and pulls you into a hug. You smile and hug her back, realizing that you missed the way she smelled. 

"Guess what. After being gone for so long after not seeing my baby, we're going to a special restaurant! We've been told its run by a blind man! How interesting is that?" she says and smiles. You nod and smile, trying to hide the fact that you've already been there before. 

"That's sounds awesome!" you say. Her smile widens and she walks away back to her room, most likely trying to pick something out to wear. You put your things down and walk into the living room. Sitting next to your dad who was watching the tv, he turned towards you and stared. 

"I know what your hiding." he says. Your heart beat quickens and your palms start to sweat, freaking out about how he knew about the Donnie and the others. "About what?" you ask. "Don't act dumb. I heard the way you said 'I'm home~'. So? Who is he?" he said, staring deep into your soul.

"N-no body dad! I'm just happy to see you guys again! That's all." you say, putting on the fakest smile ever. "Hmm, well then. Who are you. I heard about the Alien attack. Are you actually my daughter, or has she been probed and replaced with a clone!?" he says pointing at you.