At Least It's Not Me This Time

(Week 2: Monday)

-3rd p.o.v.-

It had been only two days since you came to temporarily live with the turtles. You decided to skip school today, already knowing there wouldn't be much people there anyways. Heck, even the teachers might have skipped also.

Currently, you are sitting on the couch, watching an action movie Raph had picked out. Everyone was in the room also, either watching the movie or doing their own thing. April and Casey arrived at the lair an hour before you woke from your sleep.

They, too, also had the idea to skip for today. As everyone was enjoying their free time, that peace came to an end as Donnie jumped up from the couch. The papers he had with him fell to the ground as almost did his laptop, which was flashing red on the screen.

"S-someone is in your apartment (y/n)!" He yells. Everyone gets up and Leo is the first one to pick up the laptop. "Who are they?" 

You come up beside him and see the very two familiar faces appear in your doorway.

"They're my parents." You groan and fall onto the couch. "I totally forgot they were supposed to be coming back today!"

"What are we supposed to do about them?" April asks. "If they stay there any longer, the Kraang or Shredder could attack them also."

"Welp, didn't look like we had to wait long! Look!" Mikey said and points to the screen. You jump back up and grab the laptop from leo. On the screen, you see multiple ninjas burst through the windows. Your parents were shielding one another from the shattered glass that flew at them.

You saw that same girl from the alleyway jump in also. This time, her attire was totally different from before. The metal armor made her look stronger and more intimidating. 

"Karai." Leo growls. Your heart beat quickens and your head starts to pound. As you watch, you see that she is saying something to them but can't hear what she is saying. Everything was happening so fast. Your dad stood up strait and you could tell from the look on his face, he was terrified. Your mom was behind him, clutching onto his arm, probably for support.

Your dad said a few words back to Karai, which made her laugh. She made a single with her hand and the ninjas instantly grabbed ahold of your mom and pulled her away from your dad. Your dad tried to fight back, but was then knocked out from one of the ninjas. You can hear your mom scream as he fell to the ground. Shortly after, your mom was then knocked out. Both of their bodies were then picked up and carried towards the window. They jumped out and disappeared, leaving Karai in the middle of the messy living room. 

To your horror, Karai slowly turned towards the camera, giving off an eerie smirk. You heart stopped and you held your breath. 'She knows we're watching!'  you thought.

Without noticing, a single tear dropped down your cheek. You couldn't believe this. She actually parent napped your parents! You dropped the laptop on the couch and stood there frozen.

Everyone around you was already ready to go and we're currently making a plan. Donnie walked up beside you and gently pulled you into a hug. Being in his arms made you want to go limp, sure that he'll be able catch you and hold you.

"I'm sorry this happened (y/n)." He softly said. "I promise we'll get them back."

You wiped a tear from your cheek and looked up at him. Anger filled your eyes and your hands clamped into a fist.

"I know you will. But not without my help." You say.

"What?! No! You can't go! What if Karai attacks you, or even worse, Shredder?!" Donnie exclaims and puts his hands on your shoulders. It was already too late to put some sense into you. You had already shrugged off his hands and walked towards the exit.

"(Y/n), Donnie is right. If you go, you'll be in even more danger." Leo says. You stop in front of him and look him strait in the eyes. "That may be true, but I will do anything to save my parents. Even if that means putting my life in danger. I'm going whether you like it or not." you say and continue to walk out.

They all watch you turn the corner and look towards Donnie. He stood their dumbfounded by your assertiveness. So much that he couldn't hide his blush.  

"Dude, what are we waiting for? She's not able to fight them alone!" Raph says and runs out to catch up to you. Everyone else follows close behind.

Ready to help you find your parents and bring back to safety.