Remember

A bright light was what woke you. Of course, just like every morning when you try to sleep past your alarm. You managed to hit snooze two times already, but sadly the bright sun shining through your window was always there to force you up. Sliding out of the bed, you sit on the floor and lean against your bed. The floor was scattered with last night's home work and left over pizza crusts. You pick one up and put it in your mouth, chewing the stale bread to wake you up.

Managing to climb up to your feet and put your hands above your head, letting out a loud moan while you stretched. Smacking your lips, you walk over to the closet to change. After doing so, you stepped over the paper and head to the bathroom. 

You grab the orange canister that sat on the sink from last night and take a look inside. The pain pills were now down to only four. You shake out two of them and take a sip of water. You always hated swallowing pills, even with water. You gulp down the white circular substance and put the cap back on the bottle. 

Gathering your things back in your room, you head out to the front door.
Just before you could shut it, a foot came between the wood.

"Uh uh! Where's my hug?" Your mom says as she pulls back the door. You roll your eyes and embrace her. "Mom, I got to go..." You say. "Oh yea? I'm not the one still holding on." She laughs, as you pull away smiling.

"See you later." You wave and head downstairs. The warm breeze came into the lobby as you pushed through the doors. April was outside in her in her normal spot talking with Casey. "Hey guys!" You wave. They wave back and follow you towards the school.

The trees aligned with the street had their vibrant green leaves back and the cherry blossom tree that stood in the park poured it's pink flowers onto the ground. The warm sun shined bright and the white fluffy clouds made cute bunny shapes on the blue sky.

"You know what we should do guys? Go to the park today!" You say and look over at April and Casey. Casey frowned and looked away, rubbing his hand in the back of his head. "Sorry (y/n). I got to take care of my grandma today. Maybe next time."

April also looked at you worried. "Yea. I-uh. Got some errands to do..." She mumbles and kicks a rock. "But yea! This weekend I can go out with you. I promise." She says and nudges you.

"Oh, o-okay." You say and watch them closely. Ever since you were released from the hospital a few months ago, they've been acting really weird. You weren't sure if that's how they always normally act, well, except for Casey.

--FlashBack--
The morning you awoke, your parents were by our side. A few moments later, a familiar red head came in with a guy you've never seen before. You assumed you knew them, since they both had tears in their eyes and clinging to both of your sides.

"I-im sorry. But who are you?" You ask, peeling their arms off of you. They both had shocked expressions as your parents looked distressed. The girl cleared her throat and and held my hand. "(Y/n). I'm April O'Neil. We've known each other since we were little. Remember?" She asks. You think about it, but just trying to think about what your own name was giving you a major headache. You shake your head and frown.

"Sorry April. It's, all so blurry." You say. She gives a small smile and nods. "It's alright. Give it time." She says. You then turn to the boy on your right and and ask how you knew him.

"Me? Well, I was your boyfriend! Remember all those movie dates and special nights!" He said. Shocked, you looked to your parents who were equally shocked as well. Your dad the most upset.

April shook her head and scold him. "Casey! Don't tell lies. Sorry (y/n). You guys met when you first started school here recently." She says reassuring you that the toothless kid wasn't your romantic other. You nodded and glanced at Casey seeing him fidget with fingers as your dad crossed his arms and took a step closer to him.

The familiar feeling of joy being around everyone creeped up, but there was a strange presence. Like, something was missing. Or someone.

--EndFlashBack--
Halfway through English, your teacher asks you to pick up some papers he had printed in the library. Agreeing and silently celebrating that you were the chosen one to be released from the still and silent room full of bored teens, and escape to the mostly unsupervised library.

Walking on the way there, a wide window lined the wall, showing the interior formation of a small garden in the center of the school. Smiling at the blooming flowers underneath the tree, from the corner if your eye, you could have sworn that there was a shadow that leaped from the tree and onto the roof above you.

"Must be a bird. That's the power of EVOLUTION!" you say to yourself, just to look around and laugh about how you expected to have someone there listening.

"I'm such a loser..." You whispered and carried on. Passing by a few other wanderers of the halls and eyeing hall monitors, you end up at the library. Entering the premises, the whole atmosphere changed into a soothing, dim lit nook.

The librarian wasn't anywhere to be seen, seeing that she is always "smoking" with the janitor in the broom closet downstairs. Or at least that's what Casey says.

You look behind the librarian's counter and see the printer spitting out paper. You wait for it to finish, almost being put in a trance watching the repetitive machine. You look up at the empty room full of books. A table near the back had an open book, with it's pages silently turning by itself. You look around for a vent, but there was none to be seen. There were a few windows behind the multiple book shelfs, leading you to think one of them was open.

The machine beeped, signaling you to stop playing detective and get your job done. Picking up the bundle of paper, you take one last look at the silent book. "Okay, where is that breeze coming from?" You say to yourself and walk over to the table. A cold gust of wind blows your hair as you get closer. Oddly, the book left out was about the anatomy of turtles. You pick up the book and look behind the bookshelf.

There, a window was fully open, letting in the spring wind flow inside. Gingerly holding the book and papers, you shuffle over to the glass and shut it. As the window fully shuts, there was a sudden thud behind you. Turning around, you spot a couple books sprawled on the floor.

'Maybe the wind knocked them over?' you think to yourself, trying to believe that ghosts don't exist. Leaning over to the floor to pick up the knocked over books, the pile of papers slipped out of your hands.

"Damn'it!" You whine. You reach for the scattered papers and start putting them in a pile. As you look back, there was a large green hand picking up the papers along with you.

Shocked, you follow the hand up the muscular arm and to the face of the green being.

"Heh, heeey, (y/n). Long time no see."

Fear was what caused you to scream at the smiling, oranged masked, monster in front of you.