"He's my friend!"

-8YearsAgo, still-

The next few nights, I had stayed up late waiting for Donnie to return. My parents were already asleep so I decided to heat up some left over pizza for a midnight snack. I sat there waiting in the kitchen with the microwave being the only source of light and watched the timer count down. Once it got down to 5 seconds, I stood up really fast and pushed the off button so my parents wouldn't wake up. When walking back to my room, I had to juggle the plate because of the hotness. Finally reaching my room, I sat down on my bed and was about to take a bite before I heard a tapping at my window.

I turn to see Donnie waving at me from outside my window. Excited, I open my window and pull him in. "Hey! I'm glad you came back. What took you so long?" I asked while I went to go sit back down on my bed. "Sorry, I had to wait until my brothers fell asleep." he replied. "What?! You have brothers? Are they the same as you?" I ask and bite into my pizza. "Uh, y-yea. There my older brothers Leo and Raph, and my younger brother Mickey." he says and sits down beside me. "Really! I wish I had siblings. But my parents say I'm enough." I say and take another bite. I look up at Donnie and notice him staring at my pizza. "Want some?" I say and hand him the pizza. "Uh, what is it?" he asks nervously. "It's pizza. My favorite!" I say and push the plate towards him. "Take a bite. I swear you won't regret it." i say happily.

He hesitantly takes the plate and examines the food. "What is it made of?" he asks and sniffs it. "From what I know, tomato sauce, dough, and cheese." I reply. I intently watch him as he brings the pizza up to his mouth and takes a bite. His eyes instantly lit up once the pizza entered his mouth. "This is amazing!" he said and took another bite. "I'm glad! You can have the rest, I'll have some later." I say and continue watching him.

After he had finished I asked him what he wanted to do. "Uh, I don't know. What do you usually do for fun?" he asks. "Weelll, I like to play multiple games. Like hide and seek and tag. But enough about me. I want to know what you do for fun!" I say excitedly. He looked around as to make sure no one was listening and leaned in close to me. "Well, my father has me and my brothers train to be ninjas, but when I'm not doing that, I like to invent things and work in a lab the lab I created."

My eyes widen in wonder when I hear the words ninjas. "Y-you're a ninja?! Not just that, but a scientist ninja!! Oh my gosh! That is so cool! So can you do like back flips and stuff. Ooh! Do you have ninja stars and smoke bombs like in the movies. GASP!! Do you kill people when they're not looking?!?"

"What? No. Sensei, a.k.a., my father, told us to never use violence on the weak. And we must use our strength and abilities for good." he says. "That's still so cool! So what do you make in your lab? Do you make poison, or weird animals, or pills that give you superpowers, like the ability to fly, or do you make love potions~? Ooohh, who's the lucky girl Donnie? Tellll meee." I say and wiggle an eye brow. A blush forms on his face and he looks away. "N-no way! That's gross! I can't do things like that yet. That screw driver I lost the other night was the only tool I had to work with. But thanks to you, I have TWO different screwdrivers now." he says.

"Oh. Well, I'm sure in the future, you'll be able to make all sorts of things. Like a cool car, or a submarine, or a ROCKET!" I say and throw my hands in the air. "Um, maybe." he says. "Wow Donnie. You are so cool and smart. The only skill my brain can do is say the ABC's backwards, well, until I get to M."

Donnie starts laughing and I laugh along with him. Throughout the whole night, it was just us two talking about each other's lives and families. I learned about how he was made from this stuff called mutagen and he was once an actual turtle. Now his family and him live deep in the sewers, away from people. As I listen in awe, I notice the first rays of light into my room. "Oh no. It's morning already?" I whine and fall back on my bed. "I guess I have to go back home before my brothers wake up." says Donnie and stands to leave. "Oh, and thank you for being my friend. If you were to leave me, I would understand. But I'd never forget you." he says and blushes. I blush along and lightly push him closer to the window. "D-don't say things like that. It's depressing. I'd never leave you. Unless something bad happened to me. But remember I'd always find you." I say. Donnie's face lights up and gives a smile. "See you later!" he says and climbs down the ladder. "Bye!" I yell back.