Diagnosis

-April'sPOV-

It has been a week since the incident. My best friend, (Y/n), has been hopsiliaized due to her major concussions. So far she hasn't woken up and has been under a coma. That night when Donnie attacked, Casey and I received a text from Leo, saying Donnie was going to do something bad and needed our help.

Luckily, we made it in time. Casey took Donnie down with the help of Leo and I took care of (y/n). I called the police, saying my friend was attacked and she needed medical attention. Just in time, Casey and Leo were able to get out with Donnie before the police arrived along with the ambulance.

I told them she texted me saying she needed help. And when I arrived she was passed out on the ground. Her parents were distressed about the situations and never have left her side. Ive visited the Hospital almost everyday after school since then and kept the turtles up to date on her condition. From what her parents have told me, the doctor say that (y/n) will be able to recover from the trauma. But...there is a slight chance she might lose her short-term memory. Her long-term memory from her school days will still be with her, but whether or not she remembers the past weeks, we aren't so sure.

As for Donnie. Right after restraining him inside his lab, whatever was inside him slowly lost control over Donnie, as if his body was taking out the poison. Donnie gain some control of himself overtime but still not fully. Feeding him was a hassle, having him spit out food and spurt out the water onto us was not fun. Master Splinter even tried to reason with him, ending up with his robe being filthy. After his attempt, he informed us the only thing we could do was be patient and wait for Donnie to come back. And work with finding a strategy on how to feed him.

I'm now sitting with Leo in the main room. Checking up on his stitches in his arm and changing the gauzes, not a sound was made as I did my thing.  Just the sound of Leo tapping his fingers on the couch cushion and the faint drips of water dropping from a random pipe. "So, they don't know whether or not she'll remember anything. Not until she wakes up?" Leo asks, breaking the silence in the room.

"Mm hm..." I hum, wrapping the new wrap around his arm. "So, that means she probably won't remember us, huh? Not even Donnie?" he sadly says looking down.

Guilt overcame me as I realized what had Leo said. "I...I guess so..." I mumble. "We'll get through it though. I know (y/n). She's a a fighter. What ever will happen she will over come it." I say. Leo smiles at me and nods, being reassured by my words.

After finishing with Leo, I take the med kit and go to check on MIKEY who was in the kitchen. He was sitting at the island and with bandage around his head, covering his healing wound. "Hey! How ya doin?" I ask, trying to lighten his mood. I set the kit down beside him and pull out a chair to sit.

Mikey just shrugs his shoulders and sighs. "I have a headache..." he groans and lays his head down. I frown and open the kit, clearly knowing he was upset about something else.

"Soo, you wanna talk about it?" I say. He shrugs his shoulders again,but still doesn't say anything. Taking off the white cloth, he sits back up and looks into the distance.

"I'm so weak April." He quietly says.

"No your not." I reply, finally getting the bandages off him. He turned to me  with teary eyes and claps my hands in a tight grip. "Yes I am! I couldn't even protect myself! I couldn't even block a simple blow from Possessed Donnie! How am I going to protect you guys if I even can't save myself?!" He says, now with tears falling and snot running down his nose.

I smile and pull him into a hug. "You're never going to be in a situation where you're alone Mikey. We're all going to be together, protecting one another. We're here to help you." I say, trying to cheer him up. He nods and sniffs, rubbing the mucus off from his face.

"Thanks April." He says. I nod and stand from my seat. "Well, looks like you're all healed now. But try not to rough house, k?" I say and pack the things up. He nods and stands. "C'mon April! You know me better than that!" He says and grabs his board from out of no where.

"BOOYAKASHA!!!" He yells and instantly rolls out of the room. I shake my head and follow out, looking for Raph. I look to Leo for help and he pints me to the lair.

As I get closer to the big doors, I start to hear murmuring. Peaking inside, I spot Raph leaning against the wall, with his arms crossed and him staring at the sleeping Donnie. He breathes out a sigh and lets his head fall. "Donnie...I know I haven't been the best to you. But if you can hear me, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for...all the teasing I did to you. But please, dude. I swear I'll do everything in my power to try and not do that."

He finishes what he says and steps towards his brother. "Get well, bro." He says and pats his shoulder. "Love you."

I stand there in silence, trying not to cry over this sweet moment. He then looks up and is shocked to see me in the door way, and instantly takes his arm off of Donnie.

"Um! I'll just go. I'll come back later." I instantly say and leave. "APRIL!!" Raph yells as I shut the door behind me.

I put up the med kit and look at my phone to see I had three texts. One from Casey, asking for some math help, one from my dad asking me how I was doing, and one from (y/n)'s parents.

My heart quickens when I open up the message and see it was them informing me of (y/n) waking up.