Chapter Four

Atticus POV

My heart ached as it thumped inside my chest, every beat reminding me I was alive. I nearly sobbed at the thought.

I wanted to know why they kept bringing me back only for me to suffer in their hands. I didn't see the point of living. My family was dead, my mate rejected me, I was alone. Nobody should care if I was alive or dead, after all I was just a filthy omega.

I looked up at the man who held me, his face hard and his jaw clenched. His gaze flickered from looking straight forward to me. I offered a small smile only to get a low growl and the flash of teeth in return. I quickly looked away, biting my tongue to keep the sob that was crawling up my throat at bay.

I heard a door open and our movement ceased. A growl rumbling low in the chest next to my ear.

"He's not staying in my room." Sylis snarled.

"Ye-"

"No he's not. You wanted to take him in, then you keep him. I don't give a fuck what you do with him as long as he stays away from me." He snapped pushing me into Alpha Eric's chest before he stomped into his room and slammed the door shut behind him.

I screamed as Alpha Eric's hands touched my bare skin as he tried to hold me up. I tried to push him away as the burning sensation slowly increased to a point where it became unbearable.

I finally escaped his grip and slammed into the floor, sobs pouring out of my mouth. Tears streamed down my cheeks as I slowly curled into myself.

I heard a door slam open, Luna Jackie rushing to my side.

"Sweetie are you okay?" Luna Jackie cooed softly.

"Eric, get out. Now!" Sylis snarled.

"As Alpha I order you to watch him until he's able to care for himself. If you physically hurt him you will be sent to the cells and tortured till I see fit." The alpha commanded in a growl.

"He'll never be able to care for himself he's a pup!" Sylis spat.

"I am the alpha." Eric growled angrily causing the hairs on the back of my neck to stand on end.

"Fine Alpha. I'll watch the pup. I'll watch him slowly wither away because that's what's going to happen to him. He's going to die and I pray to the Goddess that she doesn't bring him back this time." Sylis said in such a disgusted way it made more tears fall down my cheeks.

Sparks soothed the pain I felt as Sylis picked me up off the floor, I whimpered out of fear as he carried me off with anger blazing in his eyes. He carried me into something, if I recall correctly, called a bathroom. He sat me in a white oval and turned a knob. Water came spitting out of a spout in the wall that would tower over me if I stood up. The cold spray hit my body causing me to gasp and grip the sides of the oval.

"Be still." He snapped causing me to freeze in my place as my heart pounded against my ribcage.

He cleaned the dirt from my body, his scrubbing harsh and painful. Once he was done he shut the water off and threw a big cloth at me before leaving the room. Frowning I used the cloth to dry the water from my body. My wounds were closed and scabbed over, almost completely healed.

"You've got so many flaws. How could I want you?"

I frowned at the thought, wrapping the fuzzy cloth around my scarred body. I nuzzled my nose into the white fabric, closing my eyes as I inhaled Sylis's lingering scent. My eyes began to droop as I laid in the hard oval bowl, drawing my knees to my chest as I began to fall asleep.

Minutes ticked by until I felt arms slipping behind my back and behind my knees. Sylis's scent assaulting my nose causing me to whimper and rub my head against his chest trying to get as close as possible. A low warning growl rumbled next to my ear causing me to wince and stop my actions.

I opened my eyes as I was placed on a soft surface that was covered in cloths and fluffy square things. I gasped as the white cloth was ripped away from my body, the cold air assaulting my skin. I looked up at him in confusion, my eyes locking with his hard orbs. He gave me a blank stare as he slipped a black shirt over my head, and pulled a pair of shorts over my legs.

The shirt hung loosely off my shoulders, my collarbones exposed. The shorts were also black and stopped in about the middle of my shins.

"Stay on the bed. I'll be back." He grumbled walking out of the room.

"Is bed." I whispered running my fingers across the bed.

"Atticus?" I heard Luna Jackie call, my head snapping up to see her standing in the door way.

"Luna." I whispered softly. " Atticus not feel b-bed. Sylis p-put Atticus o-on bed." I whispered softly, bowing my head.

"Oh sweetie your not in trouble. I brought you something. I want you to have it." She said softly coming to stand next to me as she pulled something from behind her back.

I stared wide eyed at the plush bear my hand reaching so my fingers could skim across its soft surface.

"Gi-give Atticus?" I asked in shock, taking the bear from her hands.

"Yes, this is yours and nobody else's." She said with a smile.

I hugged the bear to my chest, nuzzling my face against its.

"Thank." I whispered softly.

"You're welcome sweetie. I've got to go but I'll see you later okay?" She asked.

I nodded and watched her leave the room. A smile lingering on my lips as I stared down at my bear, it's golden bead eyes staring back at me.

"No wonder your mate didn't want you." The voice chuckled, the smile leaving my lips. "He'd feel like a pedophile for even thinking about being intimate with you." It said in disgust.

I whimpered, pulling the bear to my chest.

"Leave alone." I whispered clenching my eyes shut and begging for the voice to leave me alone.

"Someone's gotta tell you the truth. Besides we can't have you thinking your important can we? No, you know why? Because you are and always will be a waste of space." It snarled.

"Away. Away. Away!" I cried, shaking my head and covering my ears.

"You killed your parents. You killed the Alphas son. You deserve to suffer!" it yelled. "Nobody will ever love a fuck up like you." It's snarled viciously.

"Atticus know!" I whimpered tears, prickling my eyes.

"Sit up." The sound of Sylis's voice drifting to my ears.

Quickly I wiped my cheeks and sat up, pulling the bear closer to me as I watched him walk over and place a tray of food on my lap.

"Where did you get this from?" He asked picking up my bear.

"No! Not Sylis bear! Is Atticus bear!" I cried reaching for my bear.

Sylis moved it out of my reach, looking at me as if I'd grown two heads. Tears formed in my eyes, my bottom lip beginning to wobble.

"Goddess take the fucking thing." He curse throwing the bear at me.

I scooped the bear in my arms.

"Luna said i-is Atticus b-bear. Nobody t-take away Atticus bear. Luna say that." I whimpered.

"I get it. It's your bear. Now eat." He said sounding irritated.

I hiccuped as I looked down at the bowl on the tray. My mouth watered at the sight of the golden liquid that swirled in the bowl, the smell assaulting my nose. I reached for the bowl, a yelp leaving my lips as the bowl burned me.

"Use the spoon." Sylis said rolling his eyes.

Frowning I picked up the metal scooper thing, taking the wider end in the palm of my hand. I heard Sylis groan before he snapped the spoon away and dunked the wide end into the bowl. He blew off the liquid and pressed the spoon to my lips.

He sat on the bed next to me, his face hard as he fed me. I hadn't even made a dent in the bowl before I said that I was done. I let out a yawn, struggling to keep my eyes open.

"T-thank." I whispered.

"You're tired, sleep." He said gruffly taking the tray away and allowing me to lay down, my eyes drifting shut and his scent invading my nostrils.