Chapter Twenty Three

A few months later...

Sylis POV

An soothing mixture of rock music and the soft buzzing of a tattoo gun filled my ears as I laid with my eyes closed in the tattooing chair. The tiny needles piercingmy skin felt like a mear massage as they moved across the flesh that covered my right collar bone.

I couldn't help but mentally roll my eyes as I heard the light brown haired tattoo artist began humming to the music that emittedfrom the speakers in the shop. His eyes were licked in my skin as he focused on permanently put his masterpiece on me.

"And were done." He said witha smile as he wiped the excess ink from my skin.

When he finally allowed me to get up, I made my way over to the floor length mirror by the doorway of the room we were in. My lips twitched upwards slightly into a smile as the black lettering stood out against my tan skin. Carefully, I inspected the letters on my chest to insure there was no mistakes. When I found none I couldn't stop my lips from curling upwards into a smile.

The ink embedded into my skin wasn't an ordinary tattoo. This was Atticus's mark on me. This is what made me his forever.

The ink had magic and my little pests DNA mixed into it. With these two factors combined, it finally bonded Valentin and I to Atticus forever.

"Thank you Elijah. You really don't know how much this means to me." I said, looking at him in the reflection of the mirror.

"Syli, there's no need to thank me. You know I would do anything for you and Eric." He said softly with a grin, showing off his vampire fangs." So when do I get to meet this mate of yours?" He asked as he began cleaning up his station.

"If your willing to come to the house today you can." I said slipping my dark green shirt over my head and grabbing the picture of Atticus'smark off the arm of the chair.

"Sylis you know that it's difficult for me to be around him." He said softly.

"Elijah, you haven't seen him in three years. Besides I want you to meet my mate. It means a lot to me." I said as I looked down at the picture if my mates collrbone.

The letters 'SAV' popping out against his porcelain skin. They were elegantly written on his skin as they were on mine. The initials simply stood for Sylis, Atticus, and Valentin I'm that order.

"Okay. I'll go." He said." I never thought I'd see you like this Sylis." Elijah said as I slipped my on my black jacket.

"Like what?" I asked, running my fingers through my hair in attempt to fix it.

"Happy."he said, his eyes locking with mine in the mirror." I mean face it Sylis. When I found you, you weren't exactly the happiest fourteen year old in the world." He stated.

"Did I really have a reason to be?" I asked turning around to face him.

"Yea! You had me in your life you ungrateful little shit." Elijah chuckled putting me into a headlock and rubbing his knuckles into my skull as he walked up to me.

I chuckled, rolling my eyes and pushing him off me.

"So whats his name?" he asked as we walked to the front of the tattoo shop.

"Atticus." I smiled.

"I cant wait to meet him Sylis. I've waited eight years to see you this happy." he said softly putting his hand on my shoulder.

" I can't wait either. Now stop it with all this mushy shit. How much do I owe you?" I asked pulling out my wallet.

"Nothing. Just let me meet this mate of yours." He chuckled.