Chapter Thirty One

Sylis POV

Valentin finally let me take control again, but only after he locked Chris in a cell and walked half way home. I scratched my head as I walked up the porch steps that lead to the house, annoyed that Valentin wouldn't even give me a chance to teach the little mutt a lesson.

My train of thought was derailed as Elijah bumped to me as he sped out of the house. 

"Elijah, whats wrong?" I questioned as he avoided looking up at me.

"I won't be coming back Sylis. I-I couldn't do it anymore. I can't keep wiping myself from his memories. It hurts too much." He said softly.

The meaning behind his words hit me like a truck and I quickly pulled him into a hug.

"I'm so sorry." I said as he gripped the back of my shirt tightly.

"Huh. The Sylis I knew would've told me to suck it up." he chuckled a he pulled away from our embrace. "Take care of him Sylis. He's good for you and everyone else around here. He brightens up this place." he said softly.

"Elijah no's rejects Alpha Eric!" Atticus screamed as he ran out on to the porch, tears forming in his eyes. 

"What?" Elijah and I said in union as we turned towards him with wide eyes. 

"Reject hurts! Elijah no's do's to Alpha Eric. Elijah n' Eric mates!" Atticus said angrily as tears began slipping down his cheeks. 

"Baby calm down." I said as I walked towards him, taking his hand into mine. "How did you know they were mates?" I asked softly, glancing back to Elijah who wore a look of confusion on his face. 

"Atticus saw Elijah n' Alpha Eric kisses like Atticus n' Sylis do's." he explained as he cried. 

"Atty I didn't reject him. I just made him forget about me. This way he could live happily." Elijah explained with a soft voice as his eyes glossed over. 

"What 'bout Elijah?" Atticus asked softly. "Need happy too." He sniffled.

A tear slid down Elijah's cheek as he gave my mate a soft smile. 

"I'm afraid that's not going to happen for me Atty." he said with a broken laugh before speeding off into the trees. 

"Elijah! No's!" Atticus screamed, running after him. 

I ran after him and wrapped my arms around his body, lifting him from the ground. He wiggled in my grip, desperate to get free as tears ran down his cheeks.

"Atticus stop." I said as I open the passenger side door to my truck and sat him in the seat. "Stop baby." I cooed and grabbed his hands as he tried to push me away.

He finally gave up fighting and slumped down in defeat. I sighed and wrapped my arms around him in a gentle hug.

"Look at me baby." I said softly as I pulled back from our embrace. " I think it's time I tell you about my past. It will explain why Eric and Elijah can't be together. Okay?" I asked softly. 

He nodded as I wiped a tear off his cheek and pressed my lips to his. 

"We need to go somewhere private okay?" I asked and once again he gave me a small nod. "Let's get you buckled up." I said. 

********

A small gasp left his lips as we pulled up to our destination, his eyes wide with wonder as he looked at the dazzling lights of the city below the cliff. With a smile on my lips I unbuckled and climbed out of the truck. I quickly walked around to the other side and helped Atticus get out before gently taking his hand and leading him to the tree that was near by. I sat down, pulling Atticus to my side as I did so.

"Pretty." he whispered in awe. 

"That's the city." I explained. 

"Atticus goes there?" he asked looking up at me.

"One day." I smiled causing him to grin. 

"Sylis tell's Atticus now?" he asked.

"Yea." I said awkwardly before letting out a small sigh. "My mother was the daughter of an alpha who believed in waiting for your mate before having sex, so when my mother had a one night stand and became pregnant with me he wasn't very happy. When I was old enough he banished us from the pack as we spent two years roaming around. At the time of my mothers one nightstand she didn't know the man she was having sex with, my father, was the king of hell. It wasn't until my birth she found out because he showed up and offered to take me off her hands and explained to her exactly what I was. The first demon/werewolf hybrid in the world. She said no and then my father vanished without a trace. She didn't know that the demon blood would effect my wolf until my first shift when we were rogues. She told me that it didn't change the fact that she was my mother and she would love me no matter what. After that she met her mate, which you already know that story.  We were happy for a while, at least until I accidentally sifted in front of the pack. When my step-father found out what I was he tried to banish me from the pack but Mother somehow convinced him to let me stay. The whole pack looked at me as if I was a monster after that and my mother nor my step-father could change their minds." I paused taking a breath." Around the time my step-brother was born I was having a really hard time controlling my temper, so every time I acted out my step-father chained me down inside a shed and locked me in there until I calmed down. That soon became the way he punished me, except as I got older he began whipping me with a belt. He locked me in there more in more until that became the place I lived. One day Valentin had enough of it and broke me out. He began killing pack member's but I convinced him to let me take over. When I did, I killed everyone including my mother, step-father, and step-brother. Soon after doing that Elijah and Eric found me in the woods with Valentin once again in control. I don't know how but he calmed us down and then he took me in. Elijah was a free roaming vampire while Eric was a run away son of an alpha. We didn't find out they were mates until Eric became of age, but by that time they were realizing I needed a pack because I was becoming into a rogue instead of a free range wolf. They knew nobody was going to take me in so Elijah decided the best option for me was if Eric created a pack, and only way that could happen is if Eric had a female mate. His mate needing to be female so bloodline would stay true to the original. The only time a male mate could be the Luna was in the fourth or fifth generation so that way it could welcome new blood. I told Elijah and Eric to just let me turn but neither of them was having that, so Eric came up with a solution. That was to compel Eric to forget they were mates and that he was mated to a woman. That's when Jackie came in. I was so close to becoming a rogue that my mind was slipping away and I was becoming rabid. I don't remember what happened but when I came too I had killed Jackie's mate. Elijah saw this as an opportunity to get Eric his Luna and he took it. He compelled her to forget her mate and that Eric was her mate. He then did the same to Eric. The pack was started and my symptoms got better. Eventually Elijah had to stop coming around us because he had to compel Eric all over again. I tried to tell him that once Eric and Jackie had a kid he could come back and set the truth free but he didn't want to do that. He said he wouldn't want to ruin the kid's life by taking away his mom and well we where we are now. I told you this so you'd understand why you can't talk about them being mates. So maybe you would be mad at me instead of Elijah. When I told you I said something mean to Elijah, I told him he didn't know how it felt for his mate to have no hope in having a future together.  It's my fault they can't be together Atticus." I said looking down at him.

He looked up at me with an unreadable face as he tried to process all the information I just gave him.

"I'm just destined to be a bad person Atticus. These are the reasons why I thought it would be better if you went with Lennon. Because I'm destined to screw this up." I whispered brokenly.

"No's. Sylis good's. Atticus lovies Sylis." Atticus whispered, taking my face in his hands." Sylis good's."

"I love you too Atticus." I whispered.

Atticus leaned up and connected our lips with a slow kiss.

"Well isn't that just adorable." A familiar voice chuckled from near my truck, my blood running cold at the sound.