Chapter Twenty Two

Atticus POV

These needles pumped chemicals into my body, chemicals that made it hard to stay awake. The moments I was awake was all a blurry memory. The fact that I laid among the softest fluffy squares didn't help Ime when I tried my hardest to stay awake.

 I had rarely seen Sylis since he marked me, but I don't know if it was because I was asleep or because he was avoiding me. I knew that he was there sometimes because the spot next to me in the bed was warm and for the few minutes I was awake I could hear the shower running in the bathroom. Sometimes I would call his name out but the only person that would check on my would be Luna Jackie, and when I asked for Sylis she would tell me that he was busy helping Alpha Eric do thinks for the pack. 

I felt my eyes become heavy once more as I rubbed the fur of my bear with the tips of my fingers as I tried not to cry. I missed Sylis. If my bear wasn't here I would be alone in this cold dark room. 

I wanted Sylis to take me outside like he promised we would do. I wanted to feel the sun on my skin again, I wanted to fill my lungs with fresh air. I wanted to go on a walk with Sylis and for him to hold my small hand in his larger one, yet I knew this wouldn't happen at least not for a long time. 

His face flashed through my mind once more and I yearned to see it in person.

"Sy-Sylis!" I cried out, my voice weak and horas from not using it.

To my disappointment the person I called did not come to my side, instead it was non other than Luna Jackie. She wore a soft smile as she came to my side, ready to do anything I asked of her. I didn't like that. She was the Luna, she should not be attending to a weak human like me. 

"Whats the matter Atticus? Do you need to go to the bathroom?" she asked me in a soft voice.

"W-Wants Sylis." I whimpered.

"He's busy sweetheart, I can help you with what ever you need." she smiled.

"N-needs Sylis. Luna please." I begged, tears forming in my eyes as my eyelids slowly became heavier. 

"He can't come right now. I'm sorry Atticus." she said with a sad smile. 

I gently turned on my side, facing away from her as I let my eyes close and the tears roll down my cheeks. 

I stopped fighting the sleep that kept trying to take over my body. Once again in my life sleep became my only escape. 

********

My eyes fluttered open once more, my eyes landing on the clock that read weird looking letters. I heard the shower start in the bathroom and my heart fluttered in my chest. I quickly yanked the needles from my arm and pushed the heavy, yet warm, blankets off of my body. My legs shook, threatening to buckle under my weight from not being used properly in so long. Luna Jackie would make me do leg exorcises and the only time shed really let me walk is if I was in desperate need of a bath. 

I made my way towards the bathroom, stumbling ever so often over my own two feet and blood dripping from the tips of my fingers. I let out a shaky breath as I slowly opened the bathroom door. The warm air immediately hit me in the face which caused me to shiver. 

I pushed the door open more, the hinges giving a loud squeak in protest of moving. The noise caught Sylis's attention, his head snapping toward me from behind the closed sliding shower doors. Sylis slid the door open while he wiped his face free of water with his hand.

"Atticus? What are you doing out of bed?" he asked worriedly, confusion clear on his face.  

I said nothing as I made my way over to him, stepping in the shower with my clothes still on. I nearly cried as I wrapped my arms around his waist and buried my face into his stomach. Id missed his touch, the way his muscles would ripple with every move he made. All in all I missed him.