Chapter Seven

Atticus POV

I felt my bear being pressed to my chest, my arms wrapping around it instinctively as a blanket was placed over my body.

"Sylis I know you feel like you're protecting him, but your not. He's suffering. He needs you and as much as you don't want to admit it you need him." Luna said softly, sadness in her voice. "I'll tell Eric about you choking him. Then we can all have a nice discussion once he wakes up." She said coldly.

I heard the door shut and then an angry sigh echoed through the air.

"Fucking omega, causing more problems than their needs to be." Sylis growled, a whimper bubbling from my throat and slipping through my lips.

"You're awake." He groaned as I pried opened my eyes.

"Why Sylis keep Atticus live? Not why kill Atticus? End Atticus hurts." I said softly, pulling my bear closer as I felt a lump formed in my throat

"It's not my choice. If it was my choice I would've buried you alive. I can't kill you because Eric and Jackie care about you." He snapped.

"Kiss him." A soft heavenly voice whispered in my head.

"Sylis?" I asked softly, biting my lip.

"What?" He snipped.

"C-can's Atticus trys something?" I found myself asking, not even aware I had asked.

"What do you want?" He sighed, in an annoyance.

I slipped out if bed, holding my bear close to my chest as I walked towards the man that towered over me. He gave me a bored look, his left eyebrow arching in question. I locked eyes with golden orbs, slowly standing on my toes and pressing my lips to his.

Sparks erupted where our lips touched, a whimper slipping past my lips as my heart fluttered in my chest. A feeling I hadn't felt in a long, long time rushed through my veins making me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Happiness.

The feeling soon vanished when the chest under my hand vibrated with a growl. He pushed me away from him, my eyes locking in on his anger filled face as a scream bubbled from my throat and the air wrapped around my body.

I cried out in pain as my head slammed into the Cedar Chest that sat at the end of the bed. My vision blurring as something warm trickled down the side of my face.

"Sylis?!" I cried out, tears trickling down my face as I sat stiff on the floor searching for him with my impaired vision. "Sorry. Atticus sorry. Atticus so sorry. Sylis deserve pretty female mate. Sylis deserve better. Sylis took handsome for icky Atticus." I sobbed still searching for him.

Fear wrapped around me as I heard him walk away. A sob ripped through me as I slowly lowered myself to the ground. I pulled my bear to my chest, sobbing as I looked around the blurred room.

After what seemed like hours my vision finally returned. The room was lit up with the evening sunlight, tears still slowly tumbling down my cheeks.

"God your such a fuck up." The voice chuckled darkly." You can't do anything right. Your mate hates you. Didn't you see the disgust in his eyes when he kissed you? He doesn't care if you die. The Luna and Alpha don't either. They just pity you. They think they'll get into the kingdom of the Goddess if they help you. Nobody cares if you die Atticus. You're just a disgrace." It paused. "To everyone." It whispered.

I couldn't stop the heart wrenching sob that bubbled from my throat, the tears returning. The voice was right, it spoke the truth. They don't care. They don't love me and they never will.

"End it Atticus. Just end your life." It snarled. "Just look for something sharp. I'll guide you through the rest."

With tears feed eyes I let my gaze roam the room. Everywhere I looked there didn't seem to be anything sharp until my eyes landed on the nightstand by the bed.

"Those will work Atticus." It cooed.

Whimpering I stood on my feet, holding my pounding head in my free hand. My legs wobbled as the struggled to support my weight as I walked towards the nightstand.

I picked up the scissors by their orange and black handle, turning so I leaned against the night stand.

"W-what Atticus do?" I asked softly, my bottom lip wobbling.

"Stab yourself in the stomach. It will hurt only for a little bit, but it won't be anything you haven't felt before." The voice said softly.

With a shaking hand I aimed the scissors towards my stomach. This would be better. This would be easier. Easier than suffering from the pain of you're mate rejecting you, and seeing the hatred he holds for you in his eyes. Easier than waking up everyday to endure more and more pain. Taking a deep breath I attempted to swallow the lump that had formed in my throat.

The bedroom door swung open just as I plunged the scissors into my stomach. A scream of pain left my lips as I slowly slid down to the floor, my body nestled between the corner of the nightstand and the bed.

"Atticus?!" I heard the Luna cry as blood began to soak my oversized shirt.

I looked down at the scissors protruding from my stomach, with my still shaking hand I pushed them deeper until only the handle stuck out. I cried out in pain, hot tears falling down my cheeks as the Luna appeared in front of me.

Her eyes were wide with panic as she cupped my cheeks in her hands. I screamed as my flesh burned under her touch, clawing at her hands until she released my cheeks.

"Sylis! Sylis help!" The Luna cried, tears falling down her cheeks.

"N-no. N-not help A-atticus." I whimpered.

"What now?" I heard him growl in annoyance as he entered the room.    " Shit." He cursed.

I watched him as he stalked towards me, dropping to his knees and ripping the scissors from my stomach causing me to scream.

"Why the fuck do you do this?!" He growled, pressing his hands to my wound.

"A-atticus tired. Lot t-tired. T-tired of be-being pain." I sputtered.

He growled pressing harder causing a whimper to leave my throat. I looked up towards the Luna who was being held by the alpha.

"T-hank." I said with a soft smile causing the Luna to sob.

I coughed, blood splattering on my chin and Sylis's face causing him to scowl.

"At-atticus sorry." I whispered.

He kept his eyes focused on my wound, avoid my gaze. I cupped his cheek in my free hand, his eyes snapping up and locking with mine.

"At-atticus o-only knows Sylis little w-while. A-atticus l-love Sylis, e-even is Sylis no w-want or love back."I paused." C-care of Atticus bear." I sputtered, giving him a small smile and pushed my bear towards him.

"Stop it Atticus." He growled.

I whimpered as black dots consumed my vision. My arm felt heavy and slowly I let it fall it the floor. My eyes staying locked on Sylis's as a ringing noise consumed my hearing.

Sylis looked angry as my vision turned black, he looked as if he was yelling at me yet I could hear nothing.

And slowly everything vanished as I fell into a dark abyss.