Chapter Thirty

I do not own the picture above but this is similar to how I envision Valentin.

Atticus POV

Valentin nipped playfully at my ear as we wrestled on the front lawn a giggle bubbling from my throat. Our little wrestling match earned worried looks from pack members who passed by, but Alpha Eric was quick to ease their worries before they attempted to hurt Valentin and 'save' me. This time gave me and him a chance to from a stronger bond, and gave him  chance to stretch out and be comfortable in his own form than having to walk around in Sylis's form.

I squealed as Valentin chased me, gently nipping at my heels as he ran behind me on all fours. I looked over my shoulder at him and smiled which caused him to smile in return. To anyone else the grin he bore would scare them off, especially if he showed his sharp pearly white teeth, but to me that grin wasn't scary at all. It was just silly like him. 

A yelp left my lips as I smashed into someones body, falling onto my back and sending pain shooting up my back. 

"Watch where your going mu-" his sentence trailing off. 

"Atticus sor-" I started, a scream quickly leaving my lips as my eyes landed on the face of the person I ran into.

Chris.

I scrambled backwards, fear forming in the pit of my stomach. Valentin quickly stepped in front of me as he stood up straight bearing his teeth at the teenager.

"I-I'm sorry! I di-din't- I mean- I didn't know it was him!" He cried, fear clear in his eyes.

"It doesn't matter. Didn't Eric teach you to respect everyone down in the cells? Maybe his message didn't get through, maybe I need to give it a shot." he snapped, my whimper catching his attention. "Eric take Atticus into the house, please." he said, his eyes still on the blonde haired teen before him. 

Alpha Eric quickly picked me up, holing my face to his chest as he walked back to the house.

"Maybe now he'll acting right once Valentin gets a hold of him. Goddess help that boy if Sylis gets a chance to come out." he muttered under his breath as he carried to Sylis and I's bedroom. 

He gently placed me on the bed, his face wearing a soft smile as he ruffled my hair and gently placed my bear in my hands. 

"What happened? Why is Valentin ripping a new one into a kid in the yard and nobody's stopping him?" Elijah questioned worriedly as he entered the room.

"I'll explain in a minute, after I get him calmed down." Alpha Eric said over his shoulder as he grabbed the television remote and laid down beside me. "What are we watching Atticus? Brother Bear, The Good Dinosaur, or Spirited Away?" he asked softly, Elijah watching us from the doorway.

"G-Goods Arlo." I whispered.

Eric chuckled pressing The Good Dinosaur before laying back and running his fingers through my hair. I glanced at Elijah and frowned from behind my bear as I saw the look in his eye. His eyes were filled with so many sad emotions as he looked at us from the door way, his eyes glossing over.

"Elijah wa-watches?" I asked, patting the spot on the other side of Eric.

Almost immediately his guard went up and all the emotions I saw in his eyes vanished.

"Sure Atty. I'll watch." Elijah said with a soft smile as he walked over to the bed and laid down on the very end of the bed. 

Soon enough my eyes became too heavy to keep open so I finally let them fall and fell into a deep sleep. I don't know how long I was asleep but when I woke up again the sun was low in the sky and Eric and Elijah were standing at the door. I laid still in my spot, not ready to get up just yet. 

"Eric no. We can't, he could wake up any moment." Elijah said softly, his back facing towards me.

"Elijah please. I-I need this. Just once, please." He begged. "If he wakes up you can just compel him to forget." Eric said desperately. 

"I can't do that to him Eric. I won't do that to him. His mind is fragile enough as it is." Elijah said.

"Please." Eric begged, his voice wavering. "You already have to compel me to forget again so just do it." he said, a tear falling down his cheek.

"Eric, why do you want to make this so much harder than it has to be?" Elijah asked angrily in a  soft tone, his hands cupping the Alpha's cheeks.

My eyes widened as their lips connected. They kissed each other like they'd been separated for years and this was their first kiss since they reunited. They had fat tears rolling down their cheeks as they held each other like glass. 

"I love you," Elijah whispered softly, his voice thick with sorrow as he kissed the Alpha's forehead. "I'm sorry, but I can't live like this anymore." he said brokenly. 

"Wha- Elijah no! Don't" Eric begged, gripping the vampires shirt. 

"Shhh." he hushed as he took Alpha Eric's face in his hands before locking eyes with him.

Eric went quiet, his eyes wide as he silently pleaded for Elijah to stop.

"I'm sorry." he said, pausing." I want you to forget we are mates. Jackie is your mate, your Luna. I want you to forget that we kissed. I want you to forget-" his sob interrupted his sentence. "I want you to forget we ever met. You saved Sylis, found Jackie, and started this pack. You are going to have a family with Jackie and make sure Sylis takes care of Atty." Elijah said, his voice thick with sorrow." Now go to Jackie." he ordered.

Like a mindless zombie, Eric followed his orders and left the room. The vampire stood there, his solders shaking as he cried silently and in the blink of an eye. 

He was gone.

 ********

I bet your all wondering what just happened and where this came from since it wasn't in the original version. 

Well to be honest I felt Eric and Jackie didn't work together in a relationship, and I've felt this way since the original book. So in this version I decided to give Eric the mate I felt like he deserved which was Elijah, even though they aren't together after the scene above. Their story along with Sylis's will be explained soon, I promise. 

Comment below and tell me what you think of Eric and Elijah, if you want them back together for more despite only seeing once scene of them together, or if you want this to stay as they are! Also feel free to tell me what you thought of this chapter and what you think of the book!

Sorry this chapter was so short!