Chapter Twenty Seven

Sylis POV

*Late the same night*

I chuckled humorlessly at my current situation. 

I'm being punished by being locked in a cell for three months and I made it worse but hurting Elijah who retaliated by getting me back by convincing my mate that I'm the worst person to be mated too. In Elijah's defense I deserve it, especially for saying he doesn't know how it feels for your mate to look at you with no hope of a future together. Elijah will never be able to have a future with his mate, at least not in this lifetime. He sacrificed his mate for the safety of the people around us because I can't control myself. When Atticus and I actually started acting like mates, he was able to help me control my temper and all the hatred I have in me, but when he got hurt I couldn't control it anymore. 

I took my anger out on him, when I shouldn't have and I hate myself foe doing it. 

I heard my cell door squeak open, yet I didn't lift my head up because I already new who it was.

"Elijah. I'm sorry-" my sentence was cut off as I felt a familiar hand run through my hair.

I quickly looked up to see Atticus standing before me, his green eyes glossed over with tears as he gently cupped my face in his small hand.

"Atticus, what are you doing down here? You shouldn't be down here by yourself. Its to dangerous." I said worriedly as I looked up at him. " How'd you even open my cell door?" I asked in confusion.

Instead of answering my questions, he slowly knelt down onto his knees and pressed his lips to mine. I didn't hesitate to respond to his kiss as his lips moved against mine, his taste coating my tongue. 

"Whats wrong little pest?" I asked softly as he pulled away from the kiss and revealed the fresh tears that were streaming down his reddened cheeks. 

"Atticus n-no's loose Sylis." he whimpered as he buried his face into the nape of my neck.

I moved my arms as if i was going to wrap my arms around him, but quickly I remembered I couldn't as my restraints prevented me from doing so. With a painful pang in my chest, I nuzzled my head against his and kissed his hair. The urge to wrap my arms around him and hold him as he cried into my nape was unreal, but knowing I couldn't do so did the second best thing I could do.

"You're not going to lose me, Atticus." I cooed.

"Eli sad. Cry lots." Atticus whispered. 

"That's my fault Atticus." I said, watching him as he pulled away from my nape." I said something really mean to him and it hurt him very much." I explained.

"Sylis sorry?" he asked 

"Yes, I'm very sorry." I said, my heart heavy in my chest as I thought about the man who raised me with tears running down his face.

"What Sylis says?" he asked once more. 

"I mentioned something about his mate and it hurt him because he's not allowed to be with his mate because of me. One day I will be able to tell you this story properly but that's not today." I said with a sad smile. 

My heart sank into the depths of my stomach as Atticus stood to his feet, my hands tightening around the chains. 

"Don't go." I thought mentally as I saw the sad look on his face as he stood before me. 

I watched as he pulled a set of keys from his pajama shorts, his eyebrows knitting together as he looked at all the keys. His eyes flickered from the locks around my knees to the key ring until he finally picked a small gold one. He stuck them in the locks and twisted until we heard an audible click. I groaned as my stiff arms fell to the floor, my body falling backwards onto my legs. 

As quickly as he unlocked the locks, he mad himself comfortable and climbed onto my lap. I chuckled, wrapping my arms around him as I sat back on my butt and pulled him as close to me as I could.

" Atticus loveies Sylis." he said softly, his voice low and quiet as if he was tired. 

"I love you too Atticus." I said, kissing his hair as a figure in the door way caught my eye.

Looking up I saw Elijah standing there, a smile on his face as a tear rolled down his cheek. It was then we gave each other a silent apology with our eyes.

"Thank you for bringing him to me Elijah." I said softly. 

"I didn't. He did this all by himself. He even matched the numbers on the keys to the locks. I don't think he could stand for you to be down here, even after earlier. He loves you Sylis. He loves you with everything he's got." he whispered sadly.

I knew he was longing to have the same thing I have right now. It pained me to see him so sad.

"Take him to bed Sylis. He's tired and he needs you. Don't worry about the rest of your punishment. I'll talk to Eric. He will understand. " Elijah said before he sped off down the corridor, leaving Atticus and me alone. 

Slowly I stood up, my legs slightly shaking from not being used for so long. I held Atticus, who was on the verge of falling asleep, to my chest and began our journey back to the pack house. 

"I promise i'll try to be a better mate. I promise I will tell you how I became the person I am today. Maybe then you'll understand how grateful I am to have you in my life." I whispered in Atticus's ear as I placed him in our bed.

I disregarded how dirty I was and climbed into bed next to him, desperate to have him in my arms as I slept.