Chapter Twenty Four

Atticus POV

The wind howled outside of the house, trees scraping at the windows. Thunder boomed, gripping the house and shaking it has hard as it could. I sunk my teeth into my tongue, bitting back the scream that tried to rip from the depths of my throat.

If he doesn't hear me he cant find me. He cant hurt me if he cant find me.

"Atticus!" He paused, listening "Fuck where could he be?" I heard Eric curse as he walked passed my hiding place that was within one of the many spare closets.

I'd managed to climb up to the top shelf and hide behind the many blankets stoed away up there.

"Elijah, you and Sylis need to get back here ASAP. Atticus is missing. I dont know what happened, I went to the living room to check on him and he was gone. I dont know if he left the house or if hes hiding in it. I've searched everywhere." Eric explained, worry still clear in his voice.

"Hes gonna get you Atticus. You're gonna be in big trouble for hiding from him." The voice chuckled in my ear.

I gulped, trembles ripping through my body as scratched my legs with my nails. Repeatedly I ran my nails down the soft flesh of my legs, running over the scars that were there from the last time I did this.

"Atticus!" I heard Sylis call, his voice sounded so far away.

"He should be close by now Atticus. You know hes gonna find you. You know you cant hide forever." It hissed.

I could feel blood running down my legs as I continued to run my nails across my skin, going deeper and deeper each time.

I heard the door open and my heart, thats beating erratically, dropped to my stomach.

"Uh oh Atticus, looks like he found you." It laughed so menacingly that it sent chills down my spine.

"Sylis! I can smell blood in here!" Elijah called out.

I could hear footsteps coming near before the rummaging began. I screamed as my barrier that hid me came tumbling down. There eyes went wide as they looked up at me.

"Atticus, come here baby." Sylis begged, his hands touching my thigh gently.

"Atticus!" He screamed, my blood running cold within my veins.

"No's, no's no's . Pl-please. No's" I begged as I heard his footsteps come closer.

"Baby, come here please. Its okay now, im here okay?" Sylis begged once more, managing to wrap his arms around me and pull me  off of the closet shelf.

No, I couldn't be out in the open like this, I needed to hide. I cant let him find me.

I pushed myself away from Sylis, escaping his grip and running toward the living room.

"Atticus stop!" Sylis yelled his arms wrapping around me as he scooped me up in his arms and held me thereas I thrashed against him.

"Goes! Goes! Atticus hide! Need hide!" I cried struggling to get out of his strong arms.

"Baby look at me. Your okay." He cooed, sitting in the recliner in the living room and hugging me to his chest.

"Hide." I whimpered, pushing at his chest.

"Baby," he said, taking my face in one of his big hands." What's wrong? What do you need to hide from?" He asked softly, his thumb rubbing my cheek.

"Al-alpha Tywer." I whispered, my body trembling.

His eyebrows furrowed together in confusion as he looked at me.

"Baby he's dead. He cant hurt you." He whispered.

"No's. No's. No's. Storm. Here. Alpha Tywer punishies." I whimpered.

"Baby he's dead. I killed him myself hes gone." He explained, running his hand up and down my trembling spine.

"Atticus! Your in big fucking trouble when I find you!" He growled his steps coming from down the hall.

"Not." I cried as I looked at Sylis, black slowly consuming my vision." Not see. Atticus not see!" I screamed my hands gripping Sylis's shirt desperately.

The harder I griped the faster he slipped from my fingers and the darker my vision got. Finally there was nothing. I saw nothing and I couldn't see or hear anything.

There was only darkness and silence.

Until.

"There you are you piece of shit."he snarled as he pulled me from the cupboard under the kitchen sink.

I felt his hands thread through my locks and grip them tight as he drug me from out of my hiding spot. I screamed as pain spread throughout my skull.

I kicked and screamed as he dragged me through the house by my hair. Most of the pack members that remained after the attack were scattered throughout the house, all of their eyes on me. Some of them looked at me with pity, while most looked at me with hatred. 

I wasnt just the omega in the pack. I was responsible for the death of ny family and the Alphas son. I was a murder.

Alpha Tyler opened the front door, dragging me out behind him. The rain fell so hard it felt as if I was getting stung by thousands of bees. Thunder boomed over our heads as he dragged me through the mud, his grip on my hair still firm.

He walked up to a metal pole that stood in the yard and threw me against it. He waisted no time as he placed the metal collar around my neck and locked it into place, attached to this collar was a metal chain that connected to the pole that I laid against.

"Tell me Atticus," he paused gripping my cheeks in one of his hands and forcing me to look up at him. "Do you know what happens when lighting strikes metal?" He asked with a sinister look in his eye.

When I didnt answer, he growled and squeezed my cheeks tighter and until i was whimpering in pain.

"When lighting strikes metal it travels through. That means if lightning strikes this pole, its gonna travel through it then through the chain and then through the collar. If that happens there is a ninety-nine percent chance you wont make it." He smiled, just as he did so lightning struck a tree near the house, breaking it in half.

I couldnt stop myself from whimpering as he laughed.

"Dont waste your voice Atticus. Your gonna need it when your praying for the Moongoddess to save you." He spat. "Ill be back tomorrow to see if you survived the night or not. Night night Atticus. Dont let the lightning strike." He chuckled as he walked away.

Fear riddled my body as I tugged at the chain, pulling as hard as I could in an attempt to break the chain. Lightning cracked over my head, a scream bubbling from my throat in fear.

"Just think Atticus. If this kills you, your new name will be Atticus The Crispy Family Murder." It chuckled.

I clawed at the collar around my neck, using my nails to get in between my skin and the cold metal. I tugged harder and harder until finally my  fingernails broke off. I screamed as my nail beds pulsed in pain, blood running from my fingers and down my arm.

By morning I had lost my voice and I could barely keep my eyes open. Alpha Tyler didnt come get me like he said he would. He left me there until two days later, and by that point I was starved and dehydrated.

All he did was laugh as he unhooked the chain from the pole. For weeks after that forced me to crawl on my knees, leading me around the pack house like a dog on a leash.

********

Atticus suffers from PTSD as well as many other disorders. This chapter was to show you one of Atticus's many triggers.

I hope you enjoyed the chapter! Ill see you next time! Please comment and tell me what you think!