Chapter Thirty Two

Atticus POV

Sylis and I quickly stood up only for him to push me behind his larger form, but that didn't prevent me from peeking out from behind him to see who this unfamiliar voice belonged too. I looked towards Sylis's truck and saw a man perched on the very top of it, the whites of his eyes black and his pupils a familiar gold color. Everything about this mysterious man screamed dangerous, every fiber in my body telling me to run.

"What do you want Lucas?" Sylis growled, his body tense as he stood in front of me. 

"What? A father can't come say hello to his favorite son?" the man, Lucas, chuckled.

"Not when that so called father is you." Sylis snapped. 

"Aww Sylis come on sure I may have missed most of your life but I'm here now! I mean it is kinda hard to rule the underworld and look after a child." he chuckled.

"What do you want?" Sylis repeated. 

"I wanted to come ask you to fulfill your rightful place as prince, but as of right now I'm curious to who you've got hiding behind your back back there." he said as he leaned sideways to get a better look at me.

"Who is behind me is none of your concern. As for your offer as prince, I'm gonna have to say no. Why don't you go ask one of your other kids? I'm sure one of them would be glad to take you up on that offer." Sylis said in a bitter sweet voice as he pushed me further behind him.

"None of the others are demonic werewolves! That is so much better than a measly little demon." He smiled.

"I said no. Now get out of here." Sylis hissed.

"Fine. But first," he paused before vanishing into thin air. "let me have a look at this little human you seem so interested in." his voice coming from directly behind me. 

I screamed as the man bent down to look at me with a creepy smile on his lips. Sylis spun on his heel, his hand balled into a fist. Before he could let his punch fly, Lucas looked at him and narrowed his eyes and just like that Sylis was pinned to the tree by an invisible force. Lucas's attention was instantly back on me causing me to gulp in fear. 

"Now what is my son doing with a little human like you?" he asked and before I new it I was floating in the air, a scream leaving my lips.

"Leave him alone!" Sylis growled as he struggled to free himself somehow. 

"There's not much too you. You may have a small bubble butt thing going on but other than that your just a bag of bones." Lucas said pinching my butt and making me yelp. 

"Don't you fucking touch him!" Sylis snarled and just by the sound of his voice I could tell he was starting to shift.

"Wait a minute." he said spinning me around to face Sylis. "Is he? No. No way. This pathetic sack of bones is your mate?" he asked with a chuckle making me whimper. 

Sylis growled as his faced deformed, his eyes filled with anger.

"So he is. How cute." he chuckled. " I'm sensing he was more than just a human.  I'm sensing you were a werewolf. You lost your wolf somehow though." he said, as he walked behind me and leaned in to whisper into my ear. "I could give you, your wolf back. All you would heave to do is sign a paper, and maybe I'll throw in a little bonus if you get Sylis to take his place as prince. What do you say?" he asked darkly. 

" Atticus don't listen to him!" he snarled, he was having trouble shifting like someone was preventing him from doing it.

"What?" Lucas asked, his voice dark and menacing. " So you're Atticus." he said, walking in front of me, his face full of annoyance. "I am just going to finish this quickly. For Sylis's sake." he said before I felt pressure wrap around my throat.

"Sy-Sylis!" I screamed, tears forming in my eyes as I looked at him. 

I gasped for breath as Sylis finally transformed and ripped away from his confinements. He lunged at Lucas, taking his throat in one of his deformed paws and squeezing while using the other to punch him. Whatever was suspending me in air and wrapped around my throat vanished and I went plummeting to the ground. I screamed as my back collided with one of the roots of the tree, tears slipping down my cheeks. 

"Atticus!" Sylis screamed, running over to me and taking my face in his paws.

"I was only trying to help you Sylis. I was going to make things easier but since you want things to go like this so be it. Spend your time wisely with him. You may not have much longer." Lucas hissed with blood covering his teeth.

In a blink of an eye he vanished.

"Atticus where does it hurt?" Sylis said his eyes filled with worry.

"Back!" I cried, gripping his paw that was slowly turning back to its human form.

"Roll over baby let me see." he cooed as he rolled me onto my side and lifted up the back of my shirt. " Your okay little pest, your just gonna have a nasty bruise there. Your okay." he said softly as he scooped me into his arms and pressed me too his naked body.

I hiccuped and nuzzled my face into his warm chest, tears still falling down my cheeks. We sat there for a minute, Sylis gently rocking me back and forth as he placed kisses all over my face until I finally calmed down.

"W-was Sylis daddy?" I asked with a little hiccup as Sylis played with my hair. 

"Yes Atticus that was my father." he confirmed.

"N-no like." I whimpered.

"Me either" he said softly.