Chapter Ten

Atticus POV

He laid me on my bed, my hands immediately grabbing my bear. I bury my face in his stomach and let it muffle my sobs as I cried. I heard my bed room door slam shut and it only made me cry harder.

"Please. B-bear take hurts. T-take way hurts." I pleaded clutching his soft fabric tightly in my hands.

"Face it Atticus. The only happiness you're ever going to feel is when your bleeding out and the world is fading before your eyes." It chuckled. "But that feeling won't last for long. You'll walk up to the gates of the Moon Goddesses kingdom and you'll feel so happy and blissful until you realize you can't enter her kingdom. She would never allow someone like you into her perfect little world in the after life. Even the Dark King. The king of the underworld won't let you in his kingdom. You're so pathetic that neither one of them would want you. You'd roam the earth as a ghost. You'd watch Sylis get married with a beautiful woman and have pups. Nobody will remember you Atticus. It will only be you and me. I'll be their to remind you, you weren't important. I'll remind you that nobody could've ever loved a disgrace like you." It laughed softly.

"Alo-alone! L-leaves alone! Way g-go way!" I sobbed harshly, digging my nails into my head until I broke the skin.

What the voice was saying must be true. I must be a truly terrible person to deserve all this pain, to deserve to never be happy. I wish there was a way to turn the pain off, to turn everything off so I wouldn't have to feel anything. I wanted to run away so nobody would have to worry about a disgrace like me. I know if I tried I wouldn't make it halfway across the yard before collapsing. If I had my wolf I could run away, but I'm a human now. I'd been stripped of my wolf. I didn't deserve it. At least that's what Sylis told me when he said I didn't have a wolf anymore. He said I didn't deserve to have the blessing to be a werewolf so the Goddess took it from me.

"There's another reason he'd never want you. You're a human, he'd have to protect you and worry about you all the time because you couldn't protect yourself." It hissed.

"Atticus? Are you okay? I heard you crying from down the hall." Alpha Lennon said, his voice filled with concern.

"A-atticus f-f-fine." I hiccuped.

"Then why are you crying so hard hmm?" He asked sitting on the bed next to my legs.

"Al-alpha Lemon no worry."I whispered wiping my eyes and forcing my lips into a small grin as I looked at him.

"Alright, I understand you don't want to talk about it." He said with a smile." Who's this little guy?"He asked pointing to my bear.

"Is Atticus bear. Luna give. Say, say it's Atticus not one else's." I said petting my bears head.

"He's cute. Just like you." Alpha Lennon chuckled.

My cheeks burned as I blushed out of embarrassment causing Alpha Lennon to chuckle. I gave him a soft smile, hiding my face behind my bear.

"Don't hide Atticus. I want to see your beautiful smile." He said gently tugging my bear from my face and placing it on the bed next to me." There that's better." He said smiling.

I couldn't stop the yawn that formed deep within my throat, my eyes watering slightly from the action.

"Yea I'd say it's time for bed too. Get some sleep Atticus I'll see you tomorrow." He said walking to the door." Good night." He whispered softly.

"Night Alpha Lemon." I whispered.

"How could you think he actually cares." It chuckled. "Its just an act Atticus." It hissed.