Chapter Sixteen

(Warning)

Atticus POV

I sat on one of the many benches that were bolted to the floor at the front of the training center. While I sat in watched Alpha Eric and Sylis, who stood in front of me, as I silently sipped on my breakfast.

Their backs were turned towards me as they faced the class in the training center. Alpha Eric spoke about what the class was going to do today while Sylis stood stiff with his hands clasped behind his back and his eyes flickering back to me every so often. Alpha Eric smiled brighter and released a chuckle when he saw Sylis act like that which in return made Sylis scowl and me giggle.

Their class consisted of teenagers that ranged from 13 to 19 years of age, all of them awake and ready to do what their Alpha said. Part of me wished I could be out their with them and learn how to fight, but I knew as of right now I was too weak. With that thought in mine I gulped down the rest of my breakfast and screwed the cap back on the thermos before placing it back in the bag Sylis brought with us.

After Alpha Eric had finished talking Sylis took over. His whole demeanor changed, he stood taller, his muscles seemed to enlarge, and dominance rolled off him in waves that made me turn into jello. When he spoke his voice held so much authority that it sent shivers down my spine.

"Atticus, you okay?"Alpha Eric asked with a chuckle, the sound of his voice snapping me out of my daze.

"At-atticus good." I said with a smile." Alpha Eric good?" I asked tilting my head so I could look up at his towering form.

"I'm good." He chuckled with a bright smile." Jackie will be over in a minute to sit with you while we train. Okay?" He asked.

"Otays." I said to which he responded with a chuckle and shook his head as he walked off.

I watched as Alpha Eric split up the teenagers in to two groups of 20, a group standing by Sylis and the other by Alpha Eric. Each group went to a set of blue mats covered the floor in one section of the center and once again Alpha Eric began talking on the strategies they were going to learn today.

"Sylis I shouldn't even have to ask this, but will you help me demonstrate?" Alpha Eric asked with a grin.

"What else am I here for." Sylis chuckled darkly before kicking off his boots and stepping onto the mats.

"Ready?" Alpha Eric asked with a cocky grin on his lips.

Sylis only smiled in return and then the battle commenced. They didn't actually hurt each other but Sylis ended up on top in the end with a smile on his lips. He was stronger, he and the alpha both knew it.Alpha Eric also knew that Sylis would never challenge him for his title because Sylis was his friend and frankly didn't care for leading a pack.

I was drawn out of my thoughts once again by the sound of bodies slamming down onto the mats. Sylis looked content as he took down his opponents and corrected them on their mistakes. As time passed Sylis had thrown his sweat drenched shirt to the side and I couldn't seem to tear my eyes away from him.

His muscles rippled under his tan skin that glistened under the lights. His black hair was wild and slightly wet looking as he bounced on his feet ready to take down the next person.

"Go." He commanded in such an athourative tone that it sounded like a growl as he dove into the fight.

My eyes caught on everything, drinking in his appearance.My mouth went dry and my face burned as my body was effected by his tone. I couldn't stop the whimper that bubbled from my throat as the room became hotter and my pants grew tighter.