Chapter Nine and a half

Atticus POV

The months slowly ticked by, I was moved into my new room, my physical wounds were healed and scared over but my mental and emotional wounds were still raw and bleeding.

I'd only seen Sylis a few times after he'd left that night, and every time he looked at me I could see his hatred for me burning bright in those gold orbs. Every time I saw that look , it seemed as if there was no air around me and I was slowly suffocating.

But it reminded me, I will never be good enough for him.

"Get dressed. We have company." Sylis grumbled, his voice hard and cold.

I said nothing, only nodding in response and slipping out of bed. My legs dared to collapse on me as I put all my weight on them, my knees trembling in refusal to hold me up.

Gulping I grasped the edge of the night stand and held myself up,

"Have they not been feeding you?" Sylis asked, no emotion in his tone.

"Luna fed." I whispered. "Atticus tummy not like it." I said softly.

"Here's your clothes." Sylis said, tossing the items on the bed before leaving the room.

I caught a glimpse of his eyes and once again my head squeezed in pain. Pure hatred burning bright, his golden orbs practically glowing with it.

Leaning against the bed I slowly changed into the clothes he gave me, his scent still lingering on them. I slipped the navy blue long sleeved sweater over my head and pulled on the jeans. The clothing swallowed me whole, my hands consumed by the sleeves and my feet hidden by the legs of my jeans.

Slowly I made my way down stairs, my energy draining from my body only a few steps down. Slowly I allowed myself to sink to the hard wood steps, gasping for breath as I sat there.

"Attic- Atticus? Are you okay?" The Luna asked worriedly, rushing to my side.

"At-atticus f-fine." I gasped, giving her a small smile.

"Let me carry you to the table." She said softly, scooping me up in her arms as if I weighed nothing.

She was careful, making sure our skin never came in contact. My head rested against her shoulder, my breath slightly ragged as I took in air. She carried me past Sylis who stood in the kitchen, I hid my face in her shoulder whimpering as we past him.

"Shh, it's okay." She cooed.

I said nothing, only focusing on trying not to cry as she sat me in the hard wood chair at the dining room table.

"Hey Atticus, how you feeling today?"The Alpha asked as he entered the room, a tall blonde man following in tow.

"At-atticus fine." I said softly, the man behind him looking confused as I spoke.

"He was having trouble getting down the stairs, so I had to carry him. He's okay Eric." Luna said with a smile.

I looked down at my lap, ashamed of myself as I fiddled with my fingers.

"Atticus I would like you to meet my friend. This is Alpha Lennon." Eric said, gesturing to the man behind him.

"So this is the famous Atticus I've heard so much about. It's nice to meet you." He said with a smile.

"Nice meet Lemon." I said, my voice barely above a whisper.

The Alphas lips twisted into a grin, coughing as he tried to cover a laugh. The Luna stood next to me, her hand covering her grin as Alpha Lennon coughed awkwardly. A laugh echoed from behind me and I swear my heart almost stopped at the sound.

"Who knew the human could joke?" Slylis chuckled.

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. I had said something funny? Then I realized they were talking about the way I talked. My face turned red, my eyes stinging as tears formed.

"Oh my Goddess you are so fucking stupid." The voice growled making me wince.

"Atticus it's okay, don't cry. You can call me Lemon if you want. I find it cute." Alpha Lennon said with a smile.

I didn't answer. I didn't know what to say.

"Don't get used to compliments, he'll realize that your worthless sooner or later." The voice hissed.

Before I knew it dinner was served. The Luna sat on my left, next to the Alpha who sat at the end of the table. Alpha Lennon sat in front of me, Sylis sitting right next to him.

I stared at the food in front of me, my stomach gurgling in disapproval at the sight of the chicken.

"Atticus are you okay? You haven't touched your food." The Luna said worriedly.

"Atticus tummy say no." I whispered, wrapping my arms around my midsection.

"That's why he's been throwing up. His stomach can't handle food like that yet. You think he got real food in that cell? He needs to start with soups." Sylis said as if the Luna and Alpha were the biggest idiots in the world.

I winced at the mention of my cell, a whimper leaving my lips.

"Sylis. Sensitive subject." Eric warned.

"What? You mean his cell? Where he was beaten by his old Alpha? I bet they didn't tell you about that did they Lemon." Sylis chuckled in a heartless tone.

"Sylis I think you need to stop. Your hurting Atticus." Alpha Lennon said sternly.

"Oh he's been hurt worse haven't you Atticus?" Sylis chuckled.

"Not. N-not talk. Please. B-bad. Atticus n-not bad." I stuttered curling into myself, placing my hands over my ears.

"What is it Atticus? Do you not want to relive the memories? Do you not want to remember your the reason everyone died?" The voice in a low voice.

I whimpered tears slipping over the brim of my eyes. There was so much yelling. Everyone was yelling.

"You caused this. If you were dead they wouldn't be fighting." It chuckled.

I sobbed, a lump forming in my throat as I stood on shakey legs. I held my hands over my ears, desperately trying to block out the yelling as I made my way to the stairs.

My lungs were burning for oxygen by the time I made it to the third step, my legs were shaking and the only thing keeping me up was my hand that clutched the stair rail in a death grip. I could still hear them yelling as I slowly made my way up the steps.

Once I reached the top my legs gave out on me, my body slamming into the floor. I bit my tongue to hold in my scream, my tears falling faster. The yelling had stop, the house was quite all except for my soft sniffling.

"Oh my Goddess Atticus!" The Luna screamed rushing up the stairs and kneeling beside me.

I could feel Sylis watching me. That's all he did was watch as I struggled to sit up. Alpha Lennon reached out to touch me, I jerked away slamming back down on the floor.

"Don't touch him. Your touch will burn him." Alpha Eric said, grabbing Alpha Lennon's hand.

I looked back at Sylis begging with my eyes for him to help me. He just stared at me, no emotion on his face.

"He'll never love you Atticus. He's never going to mark you. He's gonna find a beautiful woman that can fulfill his needs. A woman that can give him pups. Do you know what's going to happen to you? You're going to watch him thrive and be happy, while you struggle to breathe on your own. You're going to fade away and he's going to forget you ever existed. You'll die and everyone will forget about you." The voice snarled harshly, causing a sob to rip through my throat.

"Sylis help him." The Luna ordered making him scowl.

He scooped my sobbing form up in his arms, anger rolling off him in waves.

"Atticus wish dead." I whimpered.