Chapter Twenty Nine

Sylis POV

Valentin's growl ripped through the air like thunder as he forced my body to shift against its will. He easily broke the two sets of chains that had bound us to the floor for the past week anger surging through him as he effortlessly ripped the shed's door off its hinges. His body barely fit through the door frame as he emerged out into the open. 

He was tired of his pack treating him like some freak. He thought it was time to show them all just how much damage he could do. We broke through the tree line, catching the eyes of everyone who was outside. The head warrior emerged from the house, transforming into his wolf as he jumped off the steps. Valentin rolled his eyes at the action, waiting for the wolf to make his move. 

As soon as the brown colored wolf lunged Valentin caught him by his throat and with little to no effort, he ripped the wolfs bottom jaw off and dropped him to the floor. It was then the entire pack became frantic. They all ran away from us and that's when his instincts kicked in. 

He chased down every pack member, ripping them limb from limb. I watched with a smile on my face as he murdered everyone in his path. Soon enough it was my tun to take control and I finished off what was left, saving three specific people for last.  

I stalked into the pack house starving for vengeance.

"Sylis stop it!" My seven year old half brother screamed as he stood in font of my mother and step-father. 

I chuckled as my mother pulled him behind her, her eyes narrowed at me.

"Sylis calm down." my oh so beloved step-father said, standing in front of his family.

"I am calm." I chuckled, my voice sounding demonic as it came form Valentin's vocal cords.

"Why are you doing this Sylis?" my mother hissed.

"Are you serious?" I asked with a humorless laugh." Well lets think about this shall we? Your beloved mate here attacks little ol' eight year old me and you don't even bat an eyelash at it. You forgot me, your own son, in the car on multiple occasions. You had another kid and ignored me for seven fucking years, only paying attention when your mate felt like I needed to be punished and locked in a fucking shed. Its your fault I'm like this mother. I tried to be so good for you. i tried to be the perfect little boy but nothing compered to him." I hissed.

"You were a mistake. You were never meant to be born." he snapped.

"Well maybe you should've kept your legs closed."I snapped." You know when 'mistakes' like me happen, people usually still love them unconditionally, or they take the kid to an orphanage. They don't make everyday of their life a living hell. You don't know how hard it was to not only be an outcast in the pack, but hated by your own mother." I snapped. 

"That's enough Sylis." my step-father said, taking a step towards me.

I gave him  genuine smile before I buried my fist in his chest and pulled his heart out from the hole I created.

"I believe this is yours," I said tossing his heart towards my mother, who was crying hysterically." I mean he did tell you countless times you stole his heart." I smiled.

"Dad!" My brother scream, escaping from my mothers grasp.

I chuckled and gabbed him by his hair, a scream of pain leaving his lips. 

"Sylis no! Don't you dare hurt a hair on his head!" she yelled.

"Fine." I said.

With one quick swipe I disconnected his head from his body.

"Here you are mother, not a single hair out of place." I chuckled, tossing his head towards her. 

Her tears streamed down her face as she collapsed to the floor.

"You are a monster! You killed my family!" she sobbed.

"Now you know how I feel." I snarled, wrapping my hand around her throat." Now why don't you go tell my real father hello for me. I mean he is the king of hell right?" I chuckled, watching as the life drained from her eyes. 

I threw her body into the fire place, the smell of burning flesh soon filling the house. 

"S-Sylis!" Atticus screamed, my body jolting awake at the sound.

I gasped, trying to catch my breath as I felt small fingers comb through my hair. My body was covered in a cold sweat as I gripped his hand tightly in mine. 

"Sh-shhh. A-Atticus go-got's. Atticus have-haves Sylis." Atticus cooed in my ear, my eyes landing on his tear stained face. 

I reached up and pulled his head down to mine, pressing our foreheads together as I ran my fingers through his hair. After my heart stopped racing inside my chest and came down to a normal rate I sat up and pulled him into my lap.

"At-Atticus tr-try helpies. No's know's do." he whimpered, burying his face in my chest.

"Its alright Atticus, you did amazing. You helped me a lot." I said truthfully as I pecked a kiss on his forehead.

"Sylis?! Is everything okay?" Elijah asked, storming into the room with Eric and Jackie in tow. 

"We are fine." I sighed. 

"Sylis got's nightscare." Atticus explained for me, a smile coming to my lips as I realized he meant nightmare. 

My eyebrows furrowed together as I saw Elijah take a step forward.

"Elijah, no." I snapped, but it was already to late.

He wrapped his arms around us and soon enough Eric joined into causing Atticus to giggle.

It was then I realized that these three right here are my family.

"You two are idiots." I grumbled with a smile as I pushed them away, causing them to laugh.

"Yea but were your idiots." Eric chuckled. 

A white flash in the room went off and we all turned to look at Jackie who wore a guilty smile on her lips. 

"Alright. Alright. All of you get out of here, I gotta put my mate back to bed." I chuckled. 

"That might not be very hard." Elijah said, pointing at Atticus who was grumpily rubbing his tired eyes. 

I couldn't help but chuckle, pressing a kiss to his forehead and laying down with him on my chest. 

"Good night Atticus. I love you."  I said softly as I combed his hair with my fingers, his eyes fluttering closed.

"Nights night. Lovies Sylis too." he said tiredly causing me to smile.