Chapter Eight

Sylis POV

I watched as his eyes fluttered closed, his body going limp under my touch. I could hear Jackie sobbing into Eric's chest as I continued to apply pressure to the omegas gushing wound.

"Atticus! Wake up!" I snarled, pressing harder on his wound trying to gain a reaction out of him.

"What the fuck did you do Sylis?!" Eric roared trying to comfort his crying mate.

"You really wanna play the blame game right now?! I could just leave and let this pathetic omega die." I snarled, anger boiling in my veins.

I focused on stopping the bleeding, I watched the blood bubble through my hands as I applied pressure and it only made me angrier.

Live damn it, I'm not getting punished for something you did to yourself. I growled mentally.

"Sylis. I've got it from here." The pack doctor, Louis, said placing his hand on my shoulder.

I growled and stood up, the omegas blood dripping off my finger tips and splashing against the hard wood floor. The middle aged, slim built, white haired doctor scooped the boy off the floor and laid his unconscious body on the bed.

"Oh come on! Don't let his blood stain my sheets!" I groaned, only to feel my cheek sting as my head snapped to the side.

A growl rumbled deep within my chest, anger burning deep within me as I turned towards the petite woman who slapped me.

"I'm getting real fucking tired of you slapping me woman." I growled, turning to face Jackie and her tear stained cheeks.

"Are you gonna choke me too Sylis?" She sassed, her bottom lip quivering as she bowed up to me.

"I just might do that, or I'll rip you're he-"

"Enough!" Eric growled interrupting me and stepping between me and his mate." Sylis go for a run. Jackie come with me. Let's let the doctor do his work in peace." He said lowly, wrapping his arm around Jackie's shoulders and leading her out of the room.

I scowled and clenched my blood covered hands into a tight fist before I stalked out of my room, anger practically boiling me from the inside out.

*******

"He'll be fine Luna, he just needs some rest and to take it easy for a bit. He doesn't need to be put under any stress for a while. He's very lucky he didn't stab something important." Louis said with a soft smile.

"Wh-why hasn't he healed?" Jackie asked, her eyes locked on the sleeping and bandaged boy in my bed.

"It seems that the incident that happened a few days ago has stripped him of his wolf. He's human now. Which means we have to keep in mind that he's a lot more fragile than an omega." Louis said softly.

"H-he says he has a voice in his head and it torments him. It tells him horrible things and he believes them. It tells him that he's a bad person and he truly believes it with all his heart." She whimpered.

"It's probably something he subconsciously created to give him a reason to why he was being abused. He probably keeps it because that's the closest thing he had to a friend. Now it's probably telling him reasons to why he was-" He paused to let out and awkward cough." rejected." Louis said sadly with a frown on his lips.

"Thank you Louis." Eric said shaking the doctors hand.

"Its my pleasure Alpha, " He bowed and turned to Jackie to do the same." Luna. Link me if there's a problem, I'll get here as quick as I can." He said softly with a smile before grabbing his medical bag and leaving us alone.

"Would anyone care to explain what the hell happened?!" Eric asked, anger seeping through every word.

"Isn't it obvious? The little pest tried to kill himself." I said, leaning back in my chair.

"Yes. He tried to kill himself on your watch Sylis. What happened?" He hissed.

"He kissed me." I said, their expressions turning into one of shock." And I pushed him away and he fell and hit his head on the Cedar chest and I left him here to bleed out." I said with a smile.

"I can't belive you." Jackie said, her voice a whisper." And to think after all that he still loves you." She said and turned her gaze towards me." You don't deserve to have someone as amazing as him. You were more concerned about your sheets getting ruined than you were him living. We are going to set up a room near ours and we'll move him into it. He shouldn't have to be around a monster like you." She snarled before leaving the room, Eric still standing in his spot with his head hung low.

"Are you happy now?" He sighed before leaving the room.

I looked towards the bed, my eyes landing on the human that was nothing but skin in bones. His head that was wrapped in white cloth laying on my pillows as his stomach that was wrapped in the same material barely moved up and down with his breathing. I could still hear his screams ringing in my ears from when the doctor stitched him up, holding him down with his bare hands.

I was a mile away at the time and I could still hear him calling for me.

Shaking my head I stood to my feet and walked to the fireplace, fixing me a glass of whisky before downing it in one gulp. I glanced back at the bed, his bear laying next to him on the bed. His purplish red scars stuck out like a sore thumb compared to his pale skin. I stared at the boy and all I saw was,

A pathetic human sleeping in my bed.

I scowled as his eyes began to pry themselves open, those green orbs scanning the room until they fell on me. Tears immediately built in his eyes, his lips twisting into a frown as he turned his head away from me.

"Don't ever do shit like that again." I growled. "There are two people who actually give a flying fuck if you die or not. Jac-"

"W-what point if m-mate no love you?" He whispered in a broken tone, his hand coming up to wipe what I'm guessing was a tear from his cheek.

"Oh for God's sakes stop crying. That's all you've done since you got here. And you think I could actually love a blubbering baby like you. The Goddess is cruel for sticking me with someone like you. Thankfully Eric and Jackie are going to be moving you out of here and I never have to deal with you again." I spat.

All I got in response was a sob, the boys hands coming to cover his face as he cried. Growling in annoyance I stormed out of the room, slamming the door shut behind me.

I could still hear him crying, the sobs sounded as if something inside him was breaking and I kept walking away fighting the natural urges to turn around and comfort him. Jackie rushed by me, her shoulder slamming into mine as she hurried to comfort the human in my bed. I growled in annoyance and continued on my way, my hands clinched into fists.

"What did you do this time?" Eric asked, leaning against the counter, his face hard and anger swirling in his eyes.

"I simply told him the truth. I told him that the Goddess was cruel for sticking me with a cry baby like him and that I could never love him and that I couldn't wait for him to be moved out of my room." I said with a smile.

"Sylis he's got all the rights in the world to cry. You rejected him and now he can't be touched by anyone but you. I'm sure you heard his screams as I held him down so the doctor could stitch him up. The whole time he cried for you. 'Sylis! Help! Atticus sorry!' Those were the words he cried out. He apologized when he had no reason too. Now there's this voice in his head that's some sick and twisted form of a friend telling him false reasons to why you hate him. He's lucky if he recovers from this. I'm surprised he's made it this long. As much as I hate to say it. He's going to die. Soon. And it won't be from gushing wounds. It'll be from a broken heart. Not even Jackie can fix that for him." Eric said coldly, pushing himself off the counter and going to help his mate.

"Its the natural order Eric! Just mother nature wiping out the weak!" I shouted after him.

"Then why hasn't she wiped you out yet?" He shot back.

"I'm not weak." I growled.

I. Am. Not. Weak.